Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bionic Commando  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Bionic Commando
« on: May 05, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
Just wanted to give the heads up about the new Bionic Commando coming out this month. Those of you with a XBL Gold account can try out the multiplayer demo.  Once you get the hang of the swing mechanic, it's crazy fun.  Like a cyborg Spider-Man with a machine gun.

The game itself is kind of a big deal industry-wise too. The producer, Ben Judd, is the only American born dude working for Capcom Japan and he had to personally convince Keiji Inafune to let him revive the franchise.

Give the game a shot.
I know I came across like viral marketing but this has been one of my favorite NES games ever, and they did a great job with Rearmed. Plus, you can JUMP in this one!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »
I'm pretty excited about this too! I've been looking forward to it for sometime, and its one of the few games I've actually been excited for this year.

Plus, if you pre-order it at GameCrazy, you get a sweet 80's retro style lunchbox!
http://static.gamecrazy.com/images/games/screenshots/pre_bionic.jpg
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
It indeed looks awesome. My most anticipated game of the summer. I have yet to try the demo.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Bionic Commando
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
I'll try the demo.  I don't think this kind of game is going to translate well to 3D.

It looks like it loses a lot of its original identity.

But we'll see.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:36 PM »
I still don't like Spencer's look(particularly just the neck up, cause his clothing is cool). Never cared for white guys with dreadlocks(it's very annoying looking). And though I know we need some change in it, to bring it up to modern coolness, I mean, what's wrong with a badass redhead with a crewcut(like how he looks in Rearmed? I'm not asking for his spikey haired 80s version, just something that's new, yet is recognizable as the same guy from the original.

I think people have something against redheads. I think there should be MORE redheaded heroes. I mean, you can only have enough black haired, brunette or blonde heroes.

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Bionic Commando
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
In Reply To #5

His look makes sense given the circumstances...

so that made it easier to deal with for me. Plus, owning Rearmed unlocks THAT look for him too.

But yeah, Ben Judd actually wanted the art director to change Spencer's hair color but was talked into letting it stay. Which is funny considering Ben is redheaded...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:30:56 PM by Blue Cheese »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:36:50 AM »
In Reply To #6

Damn that comic looks cool. What are they makin a prequel comic or somethin? Prequel to the game that is... for those smartasses that will doubtlessly go "Uhh... this game happens AFTER the NES one, dumbass"

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
It's a free comic you can look at on bioniccommando.com. I think the Collector's Edition of the game has an actual print copy of it.

Tags:

anything