Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: We have a HD console Castlevania relase this year after all...  (Read 7129 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: We have a HD console Castlevania relase this year after all...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:24:43 AM »
That's a possibility.  However, I heard that when LoS comes out, the storyline of the other games will be scraped and LoS will start the story over fresh.  If that's the case, then a SotN sequel is meaningless aside from maybe playing towards SotN fans.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »
That probably won't be an issue since Konami probably doesn't give a damn about the storyline as long as the game sells well. We also don't know yet how much LoS will reboot. So far we only know that the Belmonts are in it so it's also possible that the game has just a stand alone story with some references thrown in here and there. And if people really would have a problem with it IGA-sama could always use the Power of Retconnance to tie it in with the old timeline.                                   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:05:27 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:17 AM »
That probably won't be an issue since Konami probably doesn't give a damn about the storyline as long as the game sells well. We also don't know yet how much LoS will reboot. So far we only know that the Belmonts are in it so it's also possible that the game has just a stand alone story with some references thrown in here and there. And if people really would have a problem with it IGA-sama could always use the Power of Retconnance to tie it in with the old timeline.                                  

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
That's a possibility.  However, I heard that when LoS comes out, the storyline of the other games will be scraped and LoS will start the story over fresh.  If that's the case, then a SotN sequel is meaningless aside from maybe playing towards SotN fans.

Well, I think I read somewhere that LoS is not canon. I actually believe it was Dave Cox himself who said those exact words (can anyone confirm this perhaps?). Which could mean that LoS is a sidestory. However, if LoS is recieved well, Mercury Steam will probably build upon the new storyline in another game. But that's Mercury Steam, not Konami. In Japan, the original storyline will most likely continue for a couple of games, until IGA (or whoever is in charge in the future) decides that he/she can't fit anymore games in it. Unless, of course, Konami has decided to outsource Castlevania for all eternity. In that case, the IGA storyline is screwed.

Tags: