Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Got a PSP a while ago, and I still can't stop playing this one game  (Read 2831 times)

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
Disgaea. It's so damn fun I can't stand it. I'm not sure how it's so addicting. All I mostly do is stat and level grind, but it's so entertaining to do so.

I've been playing every single moment I could for five or six months now, and I finnaly am running out of things to do after so long. I've also gotten like 60% of the items. It's gotten to the point that I'm happy with the percent of items I've got.

Baal is like impossible for me to kill, so I need to grind, beat him, and possibly it'll be time to move onto Disgaea 2 for the PSP, and yet more of my life will be lost to the fun of grinding.

I've also played Prinny: Can I be the hero? and it's been quite a harsh game. I knew prinnies were weak, but sheesh.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Cool, I have the first Disgaea for PS2, but I haven't played it yet. I fear that the game is gonna overwhelm me, which can be both good and bad. I've heard you can level up, like, forever in that game... I'm gonna play it someday. I just don't know when  :-\

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
Oh yeah, it's like two hundred something hours worth of grinding and leveling.

Money and levels also always have a purpose until you hit that three hundred hour mark.

There's overpowered extra bosses that require you to be level 2000 or more and have nearly a million points of HP just to survive. Baal, for example, is pretty much well impossible to beat dispite my two hundred hours of grinding I put into it, and also to think that Baal also has a second form. *shudders*

But to beat the main game, all you need is a team of level 100 and you're good. The grinding's only for the hardcore players who want to waste several hundred hours of their life.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

I love grinding and leveling.  8) I have absolutely no idea why, cause my intellect tells me that it shouldn't be fun doing the same thing over and over and over again. But looking at most RPGs I've ever played through, I usually try to max out my characters, even though it's rarely necessary in any game. Metroidvanias are good in that regard, as you can actually beat the game + reach lvl 99 in no more than, say, 17-20 hours maybe? That's about what I spent on DoS, PoR and OoE anyway.

Anyway, you kinda made me wanna play Disgaea now. If I like it (which I'm sure I will) it's good to know there's a Disgaea 2 and 3 out there too!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
youd prolly have LOVED EverQuest back in the day then. All it was was grind grind grind to lvl. There was like 10 quests in the whole game lol

Tags:

anything