Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kirby's Epic Yarn, bitches  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
This game is so fantastic. I really don't understand all the childish whining that the game's too easy and kindergarteny; the design and overall presentation are so pleasing, and it's a whole lot of fun, and can get pretty difficult when you're trying to go through a whole stage without getting hit ('cos when you're hit, aaaaall your beads scatter, and even if you get 'em all back, your "streak" starts over, which is how many beads you've collected in a row without getting hit).

So yeah, I'm enjoying the poo and peeeee out of it. Finished the first three worlds, and don't want this game to end any time soon.

Also, there's a lot of great music in this game. It's not typical Kirby music, but it's ever so good.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Music - Lava Landing
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:04:04 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
I own this game, it's oodles of fun, but I'm more of a Donkey Kong Country Returns type of guy.
And yes, the music is a happy mix of Kirby music and Charlie Brown music. :3
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »
DKCR is soooo good; I got 'em both the same day. I HATE having to shake the remote to roll and ground pound, though. I hate it for three reasons: the DKC controls have already been established, there's no need for this bullisht; just because motion controls are present DOESN'T MEAN THEY HAVE TO BE USED; simply pressing the run button to roll, or down plus run button to ground pound is a lot easier and more natural. Other than that, the game's awesome, but I really wish both games enabled the Classic Controller. No need I should have to hold the blocky Wii Remote sideways when I can use my SNES Wii pad instead.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »

Kirby's Epic Yarn is, oddly enough, not out in Europe yet. It's released on february 25! Donkey Kong Country Returns came out a month ago though. I dunno why Kirby is delayed...

Anyway, I DESPERATELY want both games. I don't care if some people consider them childish - I'll take Kirby/Mario/DonkeyKong over Master Chief/whoever-is-in-Call-of-Duty anyday.

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
I borrowed this from work and thought it was amazing.

Tags: