Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: you think graphic is everything...?  (Read 5553 times)

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
you think graphic is everything...?
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
You think graphic is everything....?

hope u like it...
odenandout!
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:24:47 AM »
Hahahahaha ;D When i saw the first half of the video, memories of the old days, have come to my mind, but when i saw the rest of the video, i fell down on the floor from the laughs!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: you think graphic is everything...?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
Hahahahaha ;D When i saw the first half of the video, memories of the old days, have come to my mind, but when i saw the rest of the video, i fell down on the floor from the laughs!!!

cool. =) that made my day, dude. =)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:48:39 AM »
Graphics are not everything.
It is actually one of the lower priorities on a good game.
The most important thing is gameplay.
It does not matter how HD or pretty the graphics are on a game, if the gameplay sucks, then the game would not be playable.
If the graphics suck and the gameplay is addicting, I could sit there for hours playing the game. There might even be some re-play value on the game, too.
Storyline is also another important aspect on a game.
If the game has a boring story with no plot and the characters suck, it doesn't matter how pretty the graphics are, people are still going to hate it.

^ Of course, all IMO

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Graphics are not everything.
It is actually one of the lower priorities on a good game.
The most important thing is gameplay.
It does not matter how HD or pretty the graphics are on a game, if the gameplay sucks, then the game would not be playable.
If the graphics suck and the gameplay is addicting, I could sit there for hours playing the game. There might even be some re-play value on the game, too.
Storyline is also another important aspect on a game.
If the game has a boring story with no plot and the characters suck, it doesn't matter how pretty the graphics are, people are still going to hate it.

^ Of course, all IMO

i dont care about graphic at all. for the reasons what u say.
why should i play a game with the "best" graphic, if the rest of the game is just terrible. Most important thing in a game for me is for sure the soundtrack. If the soundtrack is owning, i play the game, doesnt matter how much it sucks.

The video was just a try to be funny =)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
I love retro graphics, just because a game has low quality graphics doesn't mean that the gameplay is always bad. Good graphics also shouldn't save bad games either. Hypothetically for example, what if THIS game had the best graphics around, more advanced than a game like Crysis:
CrazyBus.bin
Would the game really be any better?
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
made in venezuela. lol
maybe with a better soundtrack...rofl

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
For me it really depends on the game. For example, I love classic games, I play them all the time, so when I play mega man or the nes castlevanias, that's not an issue to me. But when I play something like LA Noire, graphics are important because they help to make the game seem more real and help me to dive in deep into the game. You couldnt pull off that game the same way 15 or 20 years ago, even 10 years ago. I think the more serious and deep the game is, graphics become more important.
Though I feel that games can be fun no matter how they look, I do think they're important to certain games.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »
Only crazy people would say graphic is everything. Gameplay is much more important than graphic at all... but, if a game has good gameplay and good graphics, it'll be even better. Same with good gameplay + good music + good graphics.

But gameplay is the only aspect I can't forgive... even if the game is pretty, with a bad gameplay I drop it really fast.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »
Only crazy people would say graphic is everything. Gameplay is much more important than graphic at all... but, if a game has good gameplay and good graphics, it'll be even better. Same with good gameplay + good music + good graphics.

But gameplay is the only aspect I can't forgive... even if the game is pretty, with a bad gameplay I drop it really fast.
The professor is right though, the graphics sometimes do help with the gameplay. Like if LA Noire didn't have good graphics, like if the people had flat pixilated faces then how would you beat the game correctly? You wouldn't be able to tell if someone is lying or not. Also in adventure games, it is important to clearly see clues and items that help you beat the game.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
The professor is right though, the graphics sometimes do help with the gameplay. Like if LA Noire didn't have good graphics, like if the people had flat pixilated faces then how would you beat the game correctly? You wouldn't be able to tell if someone is lying or not. Also in adventure games, it is important to clearly see clues and items that help you beat the game.

sure, graphic is a good thing, but not that important...
u say, to clearly see clues and items...i cant agree with that. i dont wanna see every clue clearly on my screen, so im just gonna have to catch it up and move to the next scene...
remember some oldskool adventures...maniac mansion, indiana jones, flight of the amazing queen....very nice game´s but the clue´s were not clearly at all!

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »
sure, graphic is a good thing, but not that important...
u say, to clearly see clues and items...i cant agree with that. i dont wanna see every clue clearly on my screen, so im just gonna have to catch it up and move to the next scene...
remember some oldskool adventures...maniac mansion, indiana jones, flight of the amazing queen....very nice game´s but the clue´s were not clearly at all!
I don't know, maniac mansion is one thing but Indian Jones was pretty clear. So were games like Monkey Islands, Myst, ect.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »
I love 2D games the most. But come on, if games like Oblivion and Gears of War 2 didn't look amazing I would NOT have enjoyed them nearly as much. Shooters for 1 have to look as good as possible. As do sports games(which I don't play ever). To me though, 2D graphics are great. It's why I still play Super Metroid, Castlevania games, and Mario games on NES. I think they look great. I'm 25, been playing games a while. It's all if the game looks good and is stylish for it's platform. Also if you can tell they made the most of what they could make at the time. I think Bonk games are ugly, but find Dracula X beautiful. It's a lot of personal preference. To me Super Metroid and SOTN and Metal Slug, also Oblivion are some of the best looking games of all time.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 01:23:23 AM »
I love 2D games the most. But come on, if games like Oblivion and Gears of War 2 didn't look amazing I would NOT have enjoyed them nearly as much. Shooters for 1 have to look as good as possible. As do sports games(which I don't play ever). To me though, 2D graphics are great. It's why I still play Super Metroid, Castlevania games, and Mario games on NES. I think they look great. I'm 25, been playing games a while. It's all if the game looks good and is stylish for it's platform. Also if you can tell they made the most of what they could make at the time. I think Bonk games are ugly, but find Dracula X beautiful. It's a lot of personal preference. To me Super Metroid and SOTN and Metal Slug, also Oblivion are some of the best looking games of all time.

I never liked the Gears of Wars games. Even not GoW 3. But have to agree with you. Oblivion is just awsome and wouldnt be that great without the graphic.
But there are so many good games out there with a sucky graphic i do play.
Many ppl dont care much about graphics. But i know alot of ppl who only play games with a awsome graphic. They dont know games like Ice Climber, Faxanadu, Pitfall...that is just sad...

Tags:

anything