Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Demon Castle War Peiced together.  (Read 6449 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
I believe Judgment mentioned that Alucard gave the spear to Eric, which does not neccesarily indicate a family relation between the two.
I know, hence the may or may not part.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »
It's still a good theory that currently can't be proven or disproven.   There might be a relation maybe.   

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
On the Lecarde Alucard similarity

isnt that a translation thing? I recall the original name being supposed to be Ricardo, like Belnades is supposed to be Fernandez. with the spear the "Alucard" spear to compliment Vampire Killer.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
Yes it's Rikādo in Japanese. It's similar to Ricardo, just as Arukādo is similar to Alucard.
Also the Alucard spear is called Alcarde in the Bloodlines English manual.Things like this happen when translating from Japanese.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
On the Lecarde Alucard similarity

isnt that a translation thing? I recall the original name being supposed to be Ricardo, like Belnades is supposed to be Fernandez. with the spear the "Alucard" spear to compliment Vampire Killer.

yeah, but later games clear up the translation error with Judgement and PoR fixing those errors.

but one thing is clear, Sypha is not directly related to any of the other Belnades since she hooks up with Trevor in the end.
Also, it seems that the Power is usually inhereted by the Females as the Belmonts to the males.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything