Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Language gurus pls help me  (Read 4448 times)

Offline WESTZERO

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Language gurus pls help me
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
Any of you guys listened to the Garibaldi's Courtyard in the new album Castlevania Tribute Vol 2
I have been wondering of what language the girl was singing in. No, it's not Japanese, nor English or Latin or Italian or German or French.
Anyone who knows, would you pls do me a favor and tell me about this?thanks a lot

Offline WESTZERO

• Awards
Re: Language gurus pls help me
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:53 PM »
OK I was trying to post a link to the song but was kept told "The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty. "

:-[

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
if its not any of those, I have no clue, Lately Castlevania has been digging the Latin/German Area, but I'll look up what I can Find

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »
I'm guessing it's Romanian, but I can barely recognize the words. I hear "Latura și dira" which means "side and trail," and I have no clue how that fits into the context, but the rest is coming through as complete gibberish to me. When I can get something out of it I'll let you know. (I am just learning, to be honest, so maybe someone better in the language can help me out a bit. :))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:03:57 AM by narkolepsi »
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline WESTZERO

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:55 AM »
TKS you guys!
Speaking of Romanian, there is  really a good chance :o as it's Dracula's hometown and sometimes Japanese singers can really ruin a language ;D
I will also let you guys know it if I can finally make this clear, again thanks!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 02:58:48 AM »
I thought that Romanians spoke Latin due to the fact that they are of Roman decent. 'Roman-ia' as the country's name-sake goes. Unless of course the Romanian language is derived from Latin and evolved over the centuries.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:18 AM »
Romanian is actually closer to the slavic languages, I do believe....which I don't remember being Romance-based. Makes sense, considering what it's surrounded by.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
OK I was trying to post a link to the song but was kept told "The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty. "

:-[

You cannot just put a link; you have to have an actual comment.  It's an anti-spam measure.
Also, I'm not sure how you were attempting to put said link.  This forum auto-embeds Youtube links so you'd just post it and it'd show up.  You would still usually need a comment to go with it, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
You cannot just put a link; you have to have an actual comment.  It's an anti-spam measure.
Also, I'm not sure how you were attempting to put said link.  This forum auto-embeds Youtube links so you'd just post it and it'd show up.  You would still usually need a comment to go with it, though.

its waaaaaay better than the every annoying capcha things where they give you unreadable words til you refresh it about 50 times.

Offline WESTZERO

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:26:17 AM »
Thanks for telling me this, actually I did post the link with comments……but I guess it doesn't work because it's a link to a Chinese website.
Ok now I'm trying to find a proxy to go over the damn GFW...to find a Youtube link

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »
I don't know what kind of language it is, but for sure, they shouldn't have put them. It has ruined this beautiful song IMO. (It's only my opinion, I totally understand if some people like the song. ;))

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
Romanian is actually closer to the slavic languages, I do believe....which I don't remember being Romance-based. Makes sense, considering what it's surrounded by.

Nope.

It's a Romantic language.  Of all the Romantic languages, it's the last one that's actually closest to Latin, from where it's derived.  I'll check out the song and see if it's Romanian.  I would be very surprised if it was!

Just had a listen.  It's not Romanian.  But it's really hard to make out.  Almost sounds gibberish.  No idea.

Upon closer listen, it could be a HEAVILY bastardized Latin, from which Romanian is derived.  I could be wrong, but the singer doesn't seem to have any clue how to pronounce the words.  It almost sounds like they are attempting to say "harta estu", which would be "the Eastern map", but ... it could be a case of hearing something that's not there.

On a related note, Romanians originally broke off from the Ottoman Empire and formed a small band, referred to today as Romania.  Their language was derivative of Latin, with it's own nuances.  As such, the Romans referred to it as a bastard Latin.  Based in the original Latin, but with no guidance from a recognized state or board of educated.  As such, it kind of came into it's own, organically.  Of course it's recognized as it's own language today, and quite different from the original Latin, but still has it's basis in Latin.  They used to teach Latin in the Romanian curriculum.  My mom took it in school when she was young.  I don't know if she still speaks it, since almost no one does today.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:30:02 AM by Sonic_Reaper »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
Great, its Lomanian, closest to Ratin.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
The difficulties with L and R in Japanese also make it very difficult to translate. One letter can make a difference, as in the Romanian stila, "style," and stira, "news."
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Great, its Lomanian, closest to Ratin.

*Chuckle!* Okay that was a good one there Kamui Zero  ;)

The only bit of Romanian history I'm familiar with is that the country was once inhabited by a people known as the Dacians. Then the Roman Empire came in, wiped out the population completely and renamed 'Dacia' to 'Romania'.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything