Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Steam's Halloween Sale, purchase reviews and suggestions.  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Steam's Halloween Sale, purchase reviews and suggestions.
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »
+1
There are a lot of great games on sale, thought I'd make a thread for people to post/review any purchases they make or are thinking about making from it.
I'm broke and have a huge backlog so won't be getting anything personally. But if I might make a suggestion, one of my favorite games of all time is on sale for $5 right now. That being Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
While you will need a fanpatch to make the game work properly (because it was rushed by Activision and White Wolf Games) it is absolutely worth $5. It was the last game developed by Troika Studios, the company founded by the guys who made the original Fallout. Some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game combined with solid gameplay make this a better Deus Ex-style game than Deus Ex in my opinion, a must play for RPG fans.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:09:13 PM by Ratty »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Steam's Halloween Sale, purchase reviews and suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
Love that game, beaten it already but I bought it just for the sake of having it in my steam collection.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Steam's Halloween Sale, purchase reviews and suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »
As a die hard fan of Deus Ex I find that hard to swallow, but whole heatedly agree the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is an absolutely amazing game and that everyone should one it. Everyone.

Tags:

anything