Poll

If Dracula X Chronicles was remade in HD, (possibly on modern console or pc) would you play it?

Yes
12 (66.7%)
No
1 (5.6%)
Hell NO
1 (5.6%)
Maybe
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: just a quick survey  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: November 02, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
Just taking a theortical question, wondering if anyone else shared this trian of thought, since Dracula X Chronicles I felt would have done better on a console
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »
If it has extra content (like alternate character skins) then count me in.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »
Yes.

I should have come out on the Wii at the very least to begin with. It would have made a perfect download title for 360 and PS3 as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
Definitely. By putting it on a console disk they could have more space to work with. A greater polygon count to smoothen out the characters and backgrounds, extra content like alternate costumes and even including the SNES adaption of Rondo. They could also put in live interviews with those that were involved with the games.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »
Actually If I did it, I could do it on Dreamcast or as an xbox indie game under a different name >.>; but Alternate getups for richter would be avalable with different voices per costume, aka Simon, Trevor maybe

and to Uzo, the original rondo did come out on wii, but the Remake, even with all its audio is only about 300mb, even on the xbox they could have used texture filtering and anti-aliasing to make it look more presentable, same for playstation, hell SOTN gets re-released how many times, and rondo just gets ingored,

And I agree the SNES Dracula X should have been included, or Dracula XX as in some cases.

a good example i like to use

Original:
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles Stage 8

My tech demo I made ages ago: (and since I dont have a coder for that engine, i cant do a full out game)
2.5D castlevania Tech Demo

even though the mockup i made is crude, its so much more crisp then the PSP, not to mention supporting actual shaders aside alpha layer, since the PSP does not support shaders really
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:05:28 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
I may do a mock of of Stage 1 and 2 of DXC, no bad guys would be spawned, and no weapons, just to see how the game would look in true 720p or 1080p with high res textures etc.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
Maybe. It would need extra features for meh to buy it, though...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
I may do a mock of of Stage 1 and 2 of DXC, no bad guys would be spawned, and no weapons, just to see how the game would look in true 720p or 1080p with high res textures etc.
That looks fantastic! What did u program it with?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
It almost looks like Jedi Academy, although that may just be elements of the UI.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
it is jedi academy tbh, still using the quake 3 engine as a base, ive chosen the engine also for my Goldeneye Project
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:25:20 AM by Omegasigma »

Tags:

anything