Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Vampire Killer's power  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »
It would only work in the LOS universe, at least for me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »
Filling the gaps/plot hole in the old canon is a fool's hope.
There's no consensus, and there will never will; just let your imagination go with whatever you like the most, makig it your personal story.
I think that's why most of us hold the old canon dearly, because it was not Cox's story or IGA's story, it was ours.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
Quote from: TheouAegis
Or it's because he keeps convincing the Belmonts to aim for his head and it's just a fake head.
Dave Cox thought it was a mask lol

Quote from: Thomas Belmont
I would have preferred if the Vampire Killer had a more interesting origin. Perhaps, a gift from an angel? Maybe made out of the dragon form that Satan took on during his battle, and defeat, with the Archangel Michael
How about the Poltergeist King? lol
Actually I had some of my own personal ideas that the Vampire Killer was originally the whip that the Romans used to torture Jesus prior to his crucifixion, which is how it got it's Holy elements (soaked with Jesus' blood. and to take it a step further, mmmmaybe that Roman that was responsible was a distant Belmont descendant :o)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:06:51 PM by crisis »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 08:05:37 AM »
I like the whip's origin story from the All About Akumajo Dracula guide. Simon makes it himself by using the stem of a rose. 

Offline Mathias_The_Resolute

• The Collector of old Castlevanias
  • Hunter in Training
  • Old school Castlevania fan,
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for commenting on this thread. I believe the Subweapons were created by Rinaldo. It is true that Hellsing's Dracula will stand no chance against a belmont given the fact that he prefers to be slained by a human rather then a Monster or a "Dog of the church" I don't know much about Kain only that he is a vampire king in another game.
What is a man?! a miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk! HAVE AT YOU BELMONT!

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »
Thanks everyone for commenting on this thread. I believe the Subweapons were created by Rinaldo.

But as I said before, Leon showed up at Rinaldo's with the knife already.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »
The sub-weapons can easily be magical weapons once used by other warriors that were made for the purposes of slaying Walter, but were unsuccessful. And they don't have to all be crafted by Rinaldo either as there are lots of other magic users in the world.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything