Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: next gen Castlevania might be like Devil May Cry 4, but better?  (Read 8084 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: next gen Castlevania might be like Devil May Cry 4, but better?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »
next gen Castlevania might be like Devil May Cry 4, but better?

Based on what?  LoI and CoD were leagues behind all three PS2 DMCs, even DMC2.  How would CV all of a sudden come out better than Capcom's series?  If they got a new team who knows how to do 3D environments, they might have a chance at making a decent 3D Castlevania.  But without that, we'll only get more Pokevanias with shitty level design.

Really, whoever designs the levels for Iga's games should have been fired on the spot after LoI.  As long as he/she/they are back for future 3D CVs, there is absolutely zero chance of a thoroughly solid game.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 10:40:42 PM »
Totally agree with desires for a REAL 3D clock tower. When the next gen Bionic Commando comes out, maybe it will inspire IGA. Those levels look to be really damned tall.

What would really be awesome is if Platinum Games (formerly Clover Studios) were hired to make it. I'd kill to see Shinji Mikami's version of Castlevania.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 09:14:17 AM »
In Reply To #1

It doesn't exist! It's all over!!!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

SymboliC

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

The backgrounds and level design for the 3D Castlevania games aren't the problem, especially for LOI (which I find to be "a ROB" but in 3D and more exploration, that's why I enjoyed it fully). I think it's the level of actual gameplay features that you can control and do. In DMC, you didn't really have time to review the level designs because you were busy making S, A and B combos all the time.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »
CoD various types of weapons, that's why their combos
were simplified compared to if the game focused on one
main weapon (like in LOI's combos).  but CoD still did
some things right.  But ya, the next one should throw in
more playable characters and better level design.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »

The backgrounds and level design for the 3D Castlevania games aren't the problem, especially for LOI (which I find to be "a ROB" but in 3D and more exploration, that's why I enjoyed it fully). I think it's the level of actual gameplay features that you can control and do. In DMC, you didn't really have time to review the level designs because you were busy making S, A and B combos all the time.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
I personaly think IGA needs to look at Zelda.. why?

I love to explore, and SOTN had that going on.. i think the best way to continue that in 3D would be to fallow a simular style to Zelda.

Think about this, actualy exploring the translevania countryside, falling into caves and exploring.. mansions.. towns, almost like CV2 which remains one of my favorite CV games to date, only in 3D.. and rather then leveling up, you beat a boss and gain health that way, or find jars of health potion to gain extra health.

Getting more strength by way of collecting 4 ingrediants.
Am i the only one who thinks this is a good idea?

Tags: