Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Whatever happend to that Dracula's Curse comic?  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Whatever happend to that Dracula's Curse comic?
« on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
I remember about two years ago a comic book writer posted here that he was pitching a Dracula's Curse comic adaptation to Konami. He was working together with an artist who had made fan artwork of Simon, Cornell etc. I assume the idea was rejected, but I would really like it if the author could come back and tell us his ideas for the comic.  :)

Does anyone remember who it was?

I recall the author writing about the backgrounds of the characters that had fan artwork made of them, which gave me confidence he had a good grasp of the story and overall continuity. I must have admit, with respect to the artist, I wasn't a fan of his designs for Trevor and Alucard. Though that's primarily because I'm very fond of of their later designs. Also, since those designs are their "offical" look, a little consistency between designs would have been nice. I'm not sure if I would have liked the comic, but I can't help but wonder how it would have turned out?

What do you guys think?     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Whatever happend to that Dracula's Curse comic?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
Probably the same thing that happened to the Dracula's Curse Animated Movie. Projects might've been dropped due to lack of funding/interest

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
I am certain the number one question about the comic would be "was there any goat fucking as well?"

In all seriousness there was a pretty nifty amount of spin-off media for CV around 2005-2008. Too bad none of it really panned out beyond the Belmont Legacy comic books. The Curse of Darkness comics were pretty bad if I recall, so the bar wasn't set very high for a CVIII comic.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »
I am certain the number one question about the comic would be "was there any goat fucking as well?"

Without a doubt, as no Dracula's Curse adaptation would be complete without such profound and emotionally involving subject matter as the love between a man and his goat.

In all seriousness there was a pretty nifty amount of spin-off media for CV around 2005-2008. Too bad none of it really panned out beyond the Belmont Legacy comic books. The Curse of Darkness comics were pretty bad if I recall, so the bar wasn't set very high for a CVIII comic.

Hmmm, yes, I noticed that trend as well. Especially in 2008. That's also when they announced a lot of game spin-offs like the Arcade and Judgment. Honestly, I really liked that period of the series. You always had something to look forward to besides the games.   

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »
oh man i must have been sleeping when that artwork came out.  awesomeness.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
Yeap. Classic art of a classic era. I think the CV 3 comic would have been the bomb with that art style!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 06:14:08 AM »
One wonders if LOS had anything to do with any proposal getting rejected. This would've been cool at the least.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
I don't know about any Dracula's Curse comic but, after reading the synopsis, I am so glad the animated film was cancelled. 

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »
I don't know about any Dracula's Curse comic but, after reading the synopsis, I am so glad the animated film was cancelled.

*Stares at Thomas Belmont*
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:38 AM »
Apparently I missed something. What's this about The Animated Movie and goat-banging?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags:

anything