Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Double Jump  (Read 4452 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
They definitely had space jump in prime II, but it wasn't called space jump. They skipped that and just made it the screw attack; essentially combining the space jump and screw attack into one item. And you could only do a total of seven space jumps before you were forced to the ground. I never got far into prime III to see what that game's space jump was all about. However the only 3D Metroid game to feature a fully functioning, unlimited space jump and screw attack like it's 2D counterparts is Metroid: Other M.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »
I know one of my favorite instances of double jumping, Air Hike, in Devil May Cry (OG), where they didn't really explain it outright to you, but when Dante performed the double jump, a magic circle would appear below his feet, thus giving him ground to jump off of again. Granted, you didn't start with it but I thought it was one of the most elegant ways to pull of the mechanic.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
I don't remember precisely if Nero starts with it, or if the description is the same across the board, but in the first Devil May Cry it's purchasable under Alastor's abilities menu with the description along the lines of "concentrate magical energy directly under your feet to perform a second jump in the air." I know 3 has similar descriptions when you buy it for the Devil Arms, and I THINK 2 does too (but I don't play 2 very much).

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
What about Balloon Fighter, then?
Or the Jousters!? :P :P

You reminded me of this:
http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Dragonsden
C64 Longplay - Dragons Den (HQ)

Aw the good times...
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything