Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Boss Rush Thread  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
So I'd recently begun to revisit some of the portable Castlevania titles I had unreasonably neglected for the past few years. As I popped my Aria of Sorrow cartridge back into my old GBA, I gleefully rediscovered the many months I'd spent slaving without end over one particularly entertaining feature of the legendary game: its Boss Rush Mode.

And then I wondered: was I the only one to have spent such considerable lengths of time perfecting that trivial little time stamp underneath a save file? Or did other brave comrades share my terrible plight? And, incidentally, how well did they do?

If you're willing to share your best times or your inventive strategies with the rest of us, I propose we do it here. You're welcome to cover every CV game blessed with a boss rush mode: HoD, AoS, DoS, PoR, OoE...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This thread, as it so happens, was four months in the making. In fact, a short introduction was supposed to accompany it; but neither was ever posted, for the simple reason that neither was ever finished. Well, at least, not until now. If you're ready to learn about my AoS best, you're welcome to consult the fantasy I've posted in the "Fan Stuff" section -- although it's no longer an introduction, and it's now everything but short. So what are you waiting for? My proudest boss rush time, a glimpse of my most perfected strategy, and, I hope, a substantial amount of enjoyment, will all become available to you as you read through the glorious lines of my little piece of fiction.
It's all up to you. (And a little advertisement won't hurt me, either.  ;D)
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6773.0.html?PHPSESSID=783c3a5supkkvjm134cgs3to82
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:29:09 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 12:21:22 AM »
Oh God, when was the last time I did a boss rush..? Must have been a while ago as I can't even remember my best time. Guess I'll have to dig up the ole GBA and check out my saves...that's if I haven't deleted them  :rollseyes:
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
Back at the Anti-Chapel, we had a boss rush competition for Dracula X Chronicles. Kupo wound up beating everyone pretty handily, but it was pretty fun before he came back with a time beating everyone else's every 10 minutes. That's about the only boss rush mode I've ever played more than once or twice.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
I really enjoy boss rush mode. Although I admit I don't like the ones that split up all the bosses. I know PoR and OoE did this

Tags: