Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Pink Tail at last! --and other Rare Drop Horrors....  (Read 5387 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
The Pink Tail at last! --and other Rare Drop Horrors....
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »
Well I've finally conquered one of those lingering side-quests that slipped away years ago...  I've finally acquired the Pink Tail from the Flan Princess in Final Fantasy IV.  I've had a few chances to replay Final Fantasy IV since it was first released on the SNES (as FF 2)..  Although  I own all the ports, there were always more recent games (such as half a dozen Castlevanias) that distracted me from getting around to 'em...

Admittedly this Pink Tail is easier to get in the DS version, because of the numerous augments (one of which doubles the insanely low drop rate) --Ultimately however the DS version will be more punishing because they added new tails that are just as rare as the elusive Pink tail.  So really I'm just getting started.

For those that don't know --the Pink Tail is used to barter just about the best armor in all of Final Fantasy --Adamant Armor..  The other Tails are now used to obatin additional equipment such as Swords, Helms, Gauntlets, etc...

It took me 233 battles with the 3 Flan Princesses each to get my treasure. I could do that 4 more times to outfit my entire Party in Adamant, but I'm not certain I have the patience for that...

Still..  After the mystique that built up over the years, I was expecting the Pink Tail to be the Queen Mother of all drop quests, and it wasn't..  --I expected to be at it for at least a week, when it really took just a couple days...

For me the Queen Mother of all drop Quests will remain the Invincible Jar Relic dropped by the Mirage Skeleton in Lament of Innocence --I had to kill about 550 of those relentless bastards.  And as old school as it is --there's just NO WAY that the Invincible Jar compares to the value of Adamant Armor...

Even for the good shit though, Drops Rates below .5% are pure evil and should be banned.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: The Pink Tail at last! --and other Rare Drop Horrors....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
In Reply To #1

See I simply cannot see puttin this much effort into a game that cant be shared with others. No single player is worth this much effort. Its like my friend playin FF12 he had 100+ hours in it over here the other day and hes still goin strong with it. The only games I can see any reason to put that much effort into is an mmo. MMO I have np at all with it. Hell Ive got a warrior almost lvl 60 in WoW mostly all of it this week. And thats fine for me that warrior will always be there as long as blizzard runs servers but once you turn off FF or whatever other game youve spent all this time on its all gone. Once you beat it and your done playin it its all worthless. Even if you keep it saved on your HD or memory card or whatever its only for that game and if you start a new game (which your likely to do if you decide you want to play that game again) nothin from that old game can help you at all other than the knowledge that youve done it before. And if you load the save game the games beat and you got lots of the best stuff whats left to do?

I just dont get it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:44:33 AM »

For me the Queen Mother of all drop Quests will remain the Invincible Jar Relic dropped by the Mirage Skeleton in Lament of Innocence --I had to kill about 550 of those relentless bastards.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
In Reply To #3

I actually used the duplication glitch/secret to max out my raccoon charms --still took me forever.  :-(

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »
In Reply To #4
That's weird...
When I played LOI I never had to kill an enemy more then 200 times to get a rare drop.     

Tags:

anything