Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4: Who's stoked for this!  (Read 6715 times)

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4: Who's stoked for this!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 03:01:43 AM »
In Reply To #15

GTA4 is Grand Theft Auto perfected. They took everything from the old series, and tweaked it all slightly to make it better and perfect.

I've only played the 360 one so far, and I have no complaints except for 2 things: I'm not used to the Xbox controls at all, and sometimes when you're flying in your cars the Xbox can't pick up the pace and load fast enough, things get right blocky and / or crap dissapears for a a few seconds then comes back. This did happened in the old GTA's too and it's not really noticeable.

I was also going to test out the PS3 versions to do a little comparing to see if the PS3 could keep up with the loading of areas when going at top-speed in the nicest cars, but never got a chance. I'm gonna read up on that site to see what comparisons they did.

Alright, so I read up on some comparisons they did. The PS3 version doesn't have random pop-ups of cars appearing out of nowhere when going at top-speeds, and they basically said the PS3 versions color palette is a little nicer, and that things are a little more crisper. Interesting.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:09:43 AM by sonicabid »

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4: Who's stoked for this!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
In Reply To #16

The only downside to the Ps3 version is that it isn't really in Hi-Def.  While the 360 version runs at 720p, the Ps3 is optimized to run at 630p, which is pretty much semi hd.  Still, if you don't need the sharpest image, the Ps3 may serve justice with less pop-ins and so on.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags:

anything