Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: HOD map using 6 levels of Dracula's Curse  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
HOD map using 6 levels of Dracula's Curse
« on: June 19, 2016, 06:43:25 PM »
I was wondering how feasible it would have been to do a Harmony of Despair map similar to Origins but instead using the six levels within the Dracula's Curse iteration of Castlevania? Obivously, the areas outside of the castle could not be used as there is no visible version of the map. That doesn't happen until you get to one of two areas. First is the Subterrean Dungeon which has the Creature as the boss. The other area that starts the Castle map is the courtyard with the Trio of Terror which would have to be reworked as Jagged Cliffside Path also has that as a final boss. Somewhere in there would have to be a Medusa boss fight. My thought is you would have to start at the Courtyard Entrance and then descend into the catacombs going through two areas underground before entering the main hall and the remaining other two levels.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Eric Roman

• Sinyaso
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: HOD map using 6 levels of Dracula's Curse
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
Boy,  did I read into this topic! 

I thought someone was thinking of hacking tiles from Dracula's Curse into Harmony of Dissonance

No useful info for you there, but your idea does sound pretty cool!  Moving right along... ^.^
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:51:05 PM by Eric Roman »

Tags:

anything