Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Still alive  (Read 10047 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
No, dude, this topic was clearly about the level, and you went in and started spouting off about a programming language. That would be trolling.

Anyway, got any other spots in the castle, you'd like to share, Don?

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
Does anyone else have some feedback on the level design? lighting? etc? input is always welcome during the developement process of a game. sorry we wont be lords of shadow graphically, but it will still be decent looking, tho to be honest this was the first time i saw the level after being rendored, it looks so much different then when its in the editor
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 02:37:38 AM »
No, dude, this topic was clearly about the level, and you went in and started spouting off about a programming language. That would be trolling.

Anyway, got any other spots in the castle, you'd like to share, Don?
If you care to wait maybe a day or two I can show you a fair bit of the castle walls, dungeon and with some luck the arena/Colosseum.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
OK I said I would do this sooner but I've just been a bit too busy, keep in mind that the screenshots are WIP and anything can be changed here.
Notice how you can barely see anything in them, well in-game you can but everything has a dark atmosphere (exceptions being the living area's, those are brightly lit with candles)

Again feedback is greatly appreciated.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
Looks great.

Now I don't know if you can do this or not... but I think it would be cool if you had collapsed skeletons in armor around the Colosseum that awaken as the player's approach. Makes the place feels, again, less barren, while not actually adding more to the scene with pointless items.

Weapon holders would do good in adding to the atmosphere too I'd think.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
the project is still in desperate need of modellers, Im limited to map models and I cannot make players models, but thats the main reason for it being barren actual lack of models for the time being
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 01:13:40 AM »
hmm... I can try. I have like zero skills though.

But do you know how to animate? I mean, modeling doesn't take much effort. It's easy enough to put somethign together, but animation and all that other stuff takes real knowledge.

That said, even if I do do this, I doubt I'll have anything done for a long time...

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 04:31:00 AM »
All of the animations are done already, new npc or player models get rigged to pre animated skeletons.
The only thing that needs doing in that process is assigning the right bones. And yeah I know this place still looks barren but I'm still working on it, the place will become much more lively even for a dungeon.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 08:20:17 PM »
Hmm, that's interesting. Well, like i said, I have zero experience with it really. So let's see if I can generate one or 2 models that doesn't look like a jagged piece of crap. Not to mention I never used Blender before... I might just rip 3ds from somewhere to play around with that instead if I can't figure out blender.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
oh man I HATE blender with the fire of a 1000 suns... Give me Max or nothin at all

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Yea... I'm finding it not easy to adapt to. I don't know where anythign is... just like Maya. =/

EDIT: man..... fuck blender. Not only do I procrastinate from HW as it is, blender just aggravates me making me feel worst about procrastinating.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:22:52 PM by Kale »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
yeah its like they purposefully made blender as hard to use as possible

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Still alive
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
Hey Don, I see some of the assets I made for you, way back when, are still in the game. Hope you do get to finishing it sometime, I'd still love to play it.

Tags: