Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse 3rd Run Glitch?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Jayfeather

• Awards
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse 3rd Run Glitch?
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »
I was on my third run of Castlevania III and finally beat the Sunken City, Thus accomplishing my goal of all levels on a single run (Not a speed Run mind you, but a Tool-assisted run of all the levels in three sweeps)  I'm curios to see if anyone else has accomplished this and encountered the same glitch?

Upon starting the Abandoned mines I found that the enemies had been removed, and my whip could not destroy candles or fire bowls.  Jumping off of ledges causes the player to loop threw the screen endlessly and you can eventually ease yourself back onto the platform with the Left or Right D-Pad.  Time Runs out, Still nothing happens Weird.  Weirder still, there seems to be an invisible wall just left of the first set of crumbling blocks in stage 7-02 which prevents you from continuing further into the stage (An error with scrolling code perhaps? Since the previous 2 Areas did not scroll.)

There is one other trigger I could think of, If you capture the orb in a instant-death situation, Like on the flooded bricks in the boss chamber of the Sunken City perhaps this has a lasting effect on the game play?  While I have no intention of playing thought all the levels again, I might explore the possibility of this scenario playing out.

Offline MantapusProductions

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse 3rd Run Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
ive never seen that..i wanna to try to do it now

Offline Eric Roman

• Sinyaso
  • Legendary Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »
"Tool-assisted"?  What is that supposed to mean?  I'm wondering if that could have something to do with the game's behavior.

Offline Jayfeather

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
Tool-Assisted means with an emulator,  Mainly Save States so I don't have to continue playing non-stop, I'm sorry if I was not clear enough on this point.  And yes this is a possibility as well, but unlikely.  When an Emulator glitches its either graphical or the game simply freezes.  The game in this state plays like a unfinished amateur remake then the original game.  Certain things just don't work.

Regardless, this is very strange, even if it is the emulators fault.

Tags: