Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Rebirth Mid Boss Theme: Where is it from?  (Read 3191 times)

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Castlevania Rebirth Mid Boss Theme: Where is it from?
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
Anyone know from what previous Castlevania game is the Mid Boss Castlevania Rebirth music from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jJI4I60Ow

The Rebirth's entire soundtrack consists of previously used music, so I doubt this one is going to be original.
However, everyone is stumped as to where it's from.

I'm almost sure I've heard it before, but that could be because it sounds a lot like Genesis or X68 Castlevania music.

I checked the entire catalog of old school CV titles and I couldn't find a match. I then thought that it could be from the GBA/DS games, maybe from a story event, but it didn't match either.

I seriously doubt it's from the PS2 games and I'm sure it's not from the N64 ones.

Mr. P from the Castlevania Realm said it sounds a bit like the Dracula Phase 1 Battle from Castlevania The Adventure. I carefully listened to the song, but I couldn't quite hear where the similarities are.
He also said it could be from a game not related to Castlevania. You know, like Portrait of Ruin used two tracks from King's Valley 2 (MSX).

So, does anyone here know from what previous Castlevania (or non Castlevania) is the Mid Boss theme from Castlevania Rebirth from?

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Rebirth Mid Boss Theme: Where is it from?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
Almost certain it's from Haunted Castle. Would have to double check in a bit.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »
It sounds like it could be from one of those non Nintendo games, but it isn't I checked all the boss and event tracks and it's not from any of those.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:45:09 PM by ReyVGM »

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:12:27 AM »
Could be wrong but it is seems like a bit like hte boss theme in the chronicles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1HKjq1xqSE&feature=related

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 03:05:05 AM »
Doesn't sound at all like the same track.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
Hey guys,

This tune is from Haunted Castle when you fight bosses.  Unfortunately, in Haunted Castle, you will, most of the time, just hear the first 20 seconds of it before you either destroy the bosses or they destroy you.

Check out Rugal's Haunted Castle stage playthroughs.  Usually at the end of the stage when the boss comes out, you will hear the tune, and in the later stages you get to hear more of it.

Clicky - Boss at end has the tune (bonus - stage tune used in DoS :P)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:54 AM »
I thought so due to the instruments and the way the song plays almost identicle to the boss battle (dracula form 2) song
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
No wait, the Boss theme / Dracula Battle 2 is the same theme used for the Dracula Battle 2 in Haunted Castle.

However, the mid boss theme / Dracula Battle 1 is not the same used for the Boss battle in Haunted Castle. I've heard all the songs and compared them and they are not the same.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the soundtrack to see if its a new song or a remix of an older one.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
Hey I don't remember doing a playthrough of this game! I think it was that EvilAJ kid.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: