Poll

Should there be another "Sorrow"  CV game?

Yes
No
I don't know, my mind was recently violated by a dark priest

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Should there be another "Sorrow" CV game?  (Read 7241 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Should there be another "Sorrow" CV game?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »
I would REALLY like a remake of Aria of Sorrow.

That castle was like the second best castle to sotn from the gameboy--ds games.. Imo

IGA and his team didn't get into his copy paste habbits as much. Now even his 2d games are getting more and more repetitive.

Either way Aria of sorrow had such an interesting take on the story and the graphics are a bit out of date, so I could imagine a remake of that being really cool..

Otherwise no we don't need a new one, I say they could just make a castlevania late in the timeline and have soma as dracula at the end and that could be its conclusion not having a game staring him.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:32 AM »
One thing I want to ask, drk wizard will have to answer this no doubt, are we talking about another sorrow game or just a continuation picking up where Aria left off. Because if we are talking about another sorrow game I do believe there should be characters from Aria present though I would prefer not to play as Soma again. Or are we talking about a continuation of the series picking up where sorrow left off?
If by sorrow, you mean the novel, I don't know, because I know little about it.  What I mean was picking up the story where AoS left off (I want DoS to be removed from the time line and forget it ever existed) and moving on with the story.  While Soma would be one of the characters, he may or may not be who you play as.  For example, the story could go as follows:

Soma is kidnapped or Mina is kidnapped and Soma is badly injured.  Considering the threat and Julius is to old, Alucard and/or Yoko must stop the threat (who could be anyone).  In the end, Soma will either turn evil and become the Dark Lord, someone will find a way to permanently seal Soma's powers thus eliminating the threat of the dark lord until after soma's death, or something else entirely happens.  Regardless, it will be the last game with Soma.

Something like that.  I hope that clarifies the original post.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:56:23 AM by darkwzrd4 »
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »
If by sorrow, you mean the novel, I don't know, because I know little about it.  What I mean was picking up the story where AoS left off (I want DoS to be removed from the time line and forget it ever existed) and moving on with the story.  While Soma would be one of the characters, he may or may not be who you play as.  For example, the story could go as follows:

Soma is kidnapped or Mina is kidnapped and Soma is badly injured.  Considering the threat and Julius is to old, Alucard and/or Yoko must stop the threat (who could be anyone).  In the end, Soma will either turn evil and become the Dark Lord, someone will find a way to permanently seal Soma's powers thus eliminating the threat of the dark lord until after soma's death, or something else entirely happens.  Regardless, it will be the last game with Soma.

Something like that.  I hope that clarifies the original post.

I can see that working out pretty well. Dont really know of what to add to it right now but I'm sure I'll think of something. It would be interesting to actually go on with the story and reintroduce either Dracula or a new villian instead of waiting around to see if and how Dracula returns or if Soma becomes evil or if a new villian appears.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »
The bad ending of Dawn should have been the real ending of Soma mode, leading to Julius mode as the canon ending of the story for that game. And, Soma should have never been a jap.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »
The bad ending of Dawn should have been the real ending of Soma mode, leading to Julius mode as the canon ending of the story for that game. And, Soma should have never been a jap.

I thought he was a foreign exchange student living in japan. His last name is spanish.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
I asked that question myself but according to the official Japanese story he's Japanese and not an exchange student as the American audiences were lead to believe.  :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »
I asked that question myself but according to the official Japanese story he's Japanese and not an exchange student as the American audiences were lead to believe.  :P

-X

Why is it they can't just put that in the american manual I mean seriously its not that hard to translate something like that. No wonder everything is so damn fucked up and unclear.

Fucking japanese developers....

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Why is it they can't just put that in the american manual I mean seriously its not that hard to translate something like that. No wonder everything is so damn fucked up and unclear.

Fucking japanese developers....
Don't blame them.  Blame the translators who translate the games from Japanese into other languages.  They shouldn't make changes like that.  And yes, I don't think that Soma should have been Japanese.  Though I'm not surprised that a Japanese game company would use the opportunity to make the reincarnation of one of the characters Japanese.  If it was an American company, Soma would probably been American.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
Don't blame them.  Blame the translators who translate the games from Japanese into other languages.  They shouldn't make changes like that.  And yes, I don't think that Soma should have been Japanese.  Though I'm not surprised that a Japanese game company would use the opportunity to make the reincarnation of one of the characters Japanese.  If it was an American company, Soma would probably been American.

Damn translators they could at least do their jobs right...and yeah I agree Soma should not have been Japanese and you are probably right he probably would have been American if an American company did the game. It makes more since for him to be European least to me.

Tags: