Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Need maps of CV:Chronicles & Haunted Castle...  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Need maps of CV:Chronicles & Haunted Castle...
« on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »
...anyone know where I can get these?
So far my searching has yielded part of Chronicles (up to stage 5) and nothing from Haunted Castle.
I'd like to have maps of these games, 'cause I'm planning a fan game that will incorporate stages from every version of CV1 in 8-bit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:00:03 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Maps of CV:Chronicles & Haunted Castle...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
horrible way to name a topic... expected, but still horrible.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Maps of CV:Chronicles & Haunted Castle...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
ya try vgmaps.com? I dunno if they have em but they might

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Need maps of CV:Chronicles & Haunted Castle...
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:02:09 PM »
@Kale: Sorry, bout that. *FIXED*

@Aridale: Yeah, I dug up the Chronicles ones I have in the forum there. Haven't found anything anywhere else.
If this keeps up, I'll just have to make them myself.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »
http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/games/cc/maps.htm

has got maps.... uh...... in a magazine... I doubt that's what you're looking for, but it might help you if you can't find it anywhere else.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »
Go to Mr. Ps Castlevania realm or The Spriter's Resourse for castle maps and other neat things that may help you. I've just checked them out.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:19:59 AM »
@Kale: Thanks! Those are far from perfect but they sure beat the hell out of taking screen shots off of youtube.

@X: Thanks, but I haven't found any maps at either of those sites. Did I miss anything?
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
I you still can't get what you need then I would recommend as a last resort to Google images of CV maps and also to investigate other well known CV websites. Who knows? maybe they have a site that specifically caters to maps.  :)

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 01:24:56 PM »
I've given up on Haunted Castle. I'm piecing maps together from YouTube videos instead.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
You might as well take snapshots off of Mame32 then, it might be an easier job... >_>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
Okay Inccubus; last-ditch effort from me. I hope it helps you out. Go to Mr. Ps Castlevania realm. Go to games. Haunted castle. scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the 'Map layout' option. i'm looking at these maps right now and it's all there.

-X

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »
Sweet! Thanks, X! ^_^
They're scaled down some, but perfectly usable for my purposes.
Now all I need are the rest of the X68K stages and I'm all set.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:39:36 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything