Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV: Encore of the Night who?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Johnny Bananas

• Awards
CV: Encore of the Night who?
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
"Enter a fascinating gothic world as Kale, a mysterious and powerful man. Try to save your beloved's life and soul and free her from an evil vampire's clutches. Explore dark woods and caves, huge castles and impressive cathedrals under the light of a full moon. Master and upgrade your sword and spear, and learn how to control your powers: use fire and ice, or transform into a water elemental, a beetle or a fish to pass through the numerous obstacles in your way. Face and defeat werewolves, succubusses, gargoyles, zombies... Good or evil - be the sole master of your destiny."

I know I've heard of a similar type of story in some franchise once before... ;p

Looks like this is the next best thing to a CV game on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

http://www.gameloft.com/mobile/soul-of-darkness/?adid=101966
The world is dead... I'm just living in it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »
Maybe Konami should've let those guys handle CV rather then IGA.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
That description makes me want to hack Alucard into the game. Looks cool, but pro'lly not very innovative. Anybody tried it out yet?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: CV: Encore of the Night who?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
There was a thread about "Chinese Castlevania" games on mobile phones in the general discussion, and I believe this game was among the lists of games.  I've tried it.  It's playable, but not particularly impressive.  The main character is a horribly animated sprite edit of Alucard.  And like all moblie games, the music/sound is tragic, which is particularly depressing in a series like Castlevania.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »
There was a thread about "Chinese Castlevania" games on mobile phones in the general discussion, and I believe this game was among the lists of games.  I've tried it.  It's playable, but not particularly impressive.  The main character is a horribly animated sprite edit of Alucard.  And like all moblie games, the music/sound is tragic, which is particularly depressing in a series like Castlevania.
No that was actually a different game. For one, it was by a Chinese company and this one is by Gameloft. So this one is probably at least decent.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: CV: Encore of the Night who?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
I didn't mean to imply this game was ALSO made by a Chinese developer.  I found it among other similar games, and this one, among others as well, had a variety of developers.  The quality is still suspect regardless.

Tags:

anything