Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse  (Read 48223 times)

Offline Death

• I'll Be Seeing You Soon
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2010, 05:50:58 AM »
So is this project dead? I hope not.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2010, 05:59:58 AM »
It's in permanent hiatus.
We lost Quasar, the programmer who was taking over JohnMorris's roles.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »
yeah whatever happened to Quasar? He was gungho as hell then just *razzberry*

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
I do hope this project doesn't die. I loved playing the demo that I had downloaded two years ago. Though largely incomplete I could still play through the different levels. My only complaint is that the original sprites were blown up which doesn't look too good in my eye. SCV4 managed to used the standard 16x16 blocks so why not this game? I also thought that Trevor's final whip upgrade didn't appear well either. It was just too short to sport that kind of look to it. But while I was playing around with the sprites in the demo I replaced it with the whip Richter used in Rondo of Blood/Dracula X SNES and it was far more visually pleasing. I do hope you guys continue with the project. I'd love to play the full game if and when it ever comes out.  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gammatron64

• Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
What was this coded in again? I've done some work in Game Maker and MMF.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Visual C++ SDK, the Microsoft Version.
Originally it was done in BlitzBasic, but then it got upgraded to C++.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:52 AM »
When I saw that you replied to this thread, I was hoping for an update..  :'(  :'(
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »
I know... I'm sorry.
I wish I had stuff to update with... :(
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »
Sorry Jorge, I only know 3d, i'd love to learn 2d someday and bring a 2d Castlevania to the dungeon for all you guys, even then my 3d game is stuck in limbo too, no modellers...  :'(
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:38 AM »
Actually I do 3D Models.
I use Rhino 4.0.

What I'm not that good with (yet) are textures.  Give me an example of something simple you might need (I still cannot do complex things like faces, etc.).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
yeah I do a lil modellin as well... look me up on tesnexus Ive made a lotta stuff for OB

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Undying Legacy Programmer
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping to see some miracle progress as well! ;) However, I totally understand the fate of this project, as my own project ("SVK/Undying Legacy") seems to have suffered the same fate. Of course, I am the programmer, and as far as the Legacy project goes, my personal life over the past four years has caused me to let the rest of the team down countless times. As a result, I feel like "The Boy that Cried Wolf" everytime I say I started on the project again. (which I've begun doing once more) I stab at it a little when I feel up to it, but coding and debugging can be extremely time consuming. I did separate from my wife a year ago, and am in the process of a divorce, so I've actually had time on the weekends to play a little. We will see. I do hope to see this project resurrected sometime though, because it was quite good.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
I did separate from my wife a year ago, and am in the process of a divorce, so I've actually had time on the weekends to play a little.

Sorry to hear about that dude.  :(

I can definitly see such a calamity interfearing with your spare time to make progress on your homegame. Devorces suck ass. It's all about legal issues and finances  :P (at least in my mind). The trick to avoid such a calamity from ever happening in the future would simply be to never tie the not again. For me, if I wanted to live with a womon, I'd just live with her no legalities, no rediculously costly wedding fees. And sould the time come for us to part ways then we'd just part ways cause we we're never married. The native americans did just this before we came along with our complex beliefs. I find this method to have the least amount of negative impact one the individuals and it keeps anoying things like layers out of the picture. But keep you're chin up dude! And don't give up on your projects  :D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything