Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bram Stoker's Dracula  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Bram Stoker's Dracula
« on: November 03, 2007, 06:31:20 AM »
Im talking about the game (It is based on the movie, not the book.)
Has anyone played this game before? It was my first horror game as a kid. The game is so much fun and has great music. When I was a kid it was scary (one of the levels still kinda freaks me out now) and I beat it earlier this year for the first time when I decided to dust off my sega. Now I just have to beat it on hard mode. Less health, less lives, less continues, a warped knife instead of a sword. Should be fun.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:16:51 PM »
No, but i played Nosferatu.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
I didn't really like this game that much. I would play cv over this any day!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »
I didn't really like this game that much. I would play cv over this any day!
Blasphemy!
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »

The SNES version of Bram Stoker's Dracula is arguably one of the worst games ever made. I though the Sega version was the same game, but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »
The SegaCD version is the worst piece of crap I have ever played and owned. It's so horrid...gods...

Sony Imagesoft sure cranked out a lot of shitez back then...

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »
I have a rom of it, but I have never been able to get myself past the Frankenstein monster.  :P

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »
In Reply To #7

I don't think there was one. Maybe it isn't the same game.

Offline ryuuken

• HORA HORA WRYYY
  • HORA HORA WRYYY
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 05:10:30 AM »
Im talking about the game (It is based on the movie, not the book.)
Has anyone played this game before? It was my first horror game as a kid. The game is so much fun and has great music. When I was a kid it was scary (one of the levels still kinda freaks me out now) and I beat it earlier this year for the first time when I decided to dust off my sega. Now I just have to beat it on hard mode. Less health, less lives, less continues, a warped knife instead of a sword. Should be fun.

Yeah, i have the SuperNintendo Cratridge. I think it's a pretty cool game, and pretty scary also. the music were good and creepy, and the bloody "BEWARE" appearing before each boss used to drive me to panic. idea to insert the SPOILER ENLIGHT TO VIEWDracula in the big red armor as final bossSPOILER ENLIGHT TO VIEW
リヒター・ベルモンド

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 06:35:36 AM »
In the sega version they didn't say anything before a boss fight, the music just suddenly changed and you were in battle. And yea, that fight was crazy. I won with one last health containter. I can't even imagine fighting him on hard mode with a knife.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »
I have played the game on Snes and Sega and i can say that even if it didn't have the best graphics, still it was a awesome game for me and with great music.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 10:32:42 PM »
In Reply To #1

Yeah I had for my old nes, not really a big fan of it. Was boring for the most part.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything