Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Theme of Dracula (MP3 Inside)  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
Ah, Dracula's Keep... Very very nice, my friend.

You should make a music request thread like the sprite one! ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »
Not many other people here make music like that, though.
It'd be nice if Dark Angel, Geoffrey Gunn, and others, were more frequent posters.  Then they could see the request thread.
I don't want to be the only one fulfilling requests (though it seems I already do that). xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
I don't want to be the only one fulfilling requests (though it seems I already do that). xD
I could too, but yeah, there are not a lot of music makers here. ;)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
It's about DAMN time someone did this track some justice. I am loving this CV4 kick you're on.

God I love this song.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
I've seen that you 've been working hard Jorge!!! Great work as always my friend!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes
Um. Clearly you don't visit my threads. It seems others don't either.  :-\

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=3456.0
Quote from: Dracula9
Oh, I didn't say this in the first post, but I'll do requests.

It's about DAMN time someone did this track some justice. I am loving this CV4 kick you're on.

God I love this song.

Oh, that hurts. I'm forgotten. :'(

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:56 AM »
I meant that in regards to making a thread specifically requesting arrangements.
It wasn't a personal attack. :(
(I usually get E-mailed or PM'd for that sort of thing)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 06:06:06 AM »
Ah. That makes sensicals. My oops. ???

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 06:16:05 AM »
No offense D9, but Jorge has like 10+ years of musical experience over you. His version is really good.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 06:26:46 AM »
None taken, I understand completely and am very well aware. Hell, he's actually the majority reason I'm getting into music. I just got little to no feedback on either of the CV4 pieces I did, with my thanks to those who did. backslash end soapbox

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
This song brings back so much memories!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
@Dracula9:
Hey now, I gave ya feedback over Facebook, and you did get a few responses in your thread.
For someone starting out, that's not bad.

Just keep at it and you'll get better.  Composing and arranging should be fun and personally rewarding, and having a need to share, not about whether you get many responses or not (though I understand you want respones that give you critique so that you improve, not just 'great job' or 'it sucks', etc.).  You should've seen me when I just got started (1998, when I finally got a PC and was able to afford a AWE32-compatible soundcard), there were no ways to really share your work and filesizes were an issue, so most of my old stuff was in JILost's Purpleguppy Music archive (which is great but let's face it, it's not really swarming with traffic), or some old MegaMan webpage that I don't even remember online...
...I put stuff up even though no one would really respond to it.

Funny enough, I sometimes get fan mail for works I did ages ago, when my skills were not nearly as sharp as they are now (and my instruments were so oldschool, haha).

If you're good, or if you get good, people will eventually take notice, but it's nothing you'll get right away.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »
I should post some of my works too.

Also, nice job on Twitter-ing Cox, Jorge ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
Ah, you saw that, huh.
He re-tweeted my Tweet, and my inbox exploded with Twitter-followers. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything