Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont's Revenge  (Read 7409 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »
The thing I like about Gamefaqs is that every user there has done every near-impossible gaming feat there is to do, and with the greatest of ease.

I liked Belmont's Revenge the most out of the GB titles, but it's not the clear-cut winner for me, either. I actually liked Adventure quite a bit, too. I swear I'm not on drugs.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 04:21:18 AM »
I actually liked Adventure quite a bit, too. I swear I'm not on drugs.

Were you when you played it?
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »

Come on, what is so bad about Adventure? Didn't Castlevania nes had awkward game play, that it got improve only on Castlevania 3 and to get perfect later on Super Castlevania?

It was the first try of game developers to bring Castlevania on a tiny console with many restrictions. I don't find it a bad game and except from the subweapons and a few more speed for the character sprite, on Belmont's Revenge, i don't see many differences. Sure it has a more better and memorable sound track Belmont's Revenge, but Adventure also has nice music!!! Sure Belmont's is more fun to play, but for me, the same goes for Adventure!!!

Final conclusion for me, the only negative that i find, is that the game is very short, only 4 stages!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Didn't Castlevania nes had awkward game play, that it got improve only on Castlevania 3 and to get perfect later on Super Castlevania?

There's nothing awkward about the original Castlevania. It's a calculated experience from beginning to end, meant to be conquered with precise positioning and calm, collected play. The sub-weapons accommodate the bits that feel insurmountable, not that anything actually is. It's a very methodical game, and painstakingly clever in design.

The Adventure has real, substantial problems like input lag and pixel-perfect platforming, but I'm quite fond of it in spite of the potential flaws. You can still learn it, and it's brimming with personality. There are really novel concepts in the level design, like the entirety of stage 3, that have not really been revisited anywhere else in the series.

Belmont's Revenge is of course the realization of the promises made in The Adventure; it truly stands among the series' best, without sacrificing the unique flavour established in its forebearer. I'm really hard-pressed to think of a better Game Boy game. The music shouldn't be able to exist either, but it does, and it's supreme. It's a small miracle in all respects.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

Ooh, burn! For the record, no, I was not, your honor.

Same thing with something like Haunted Castle. Not a well-executed game, but I can still have fun playing it.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Ooh, burn! For the record, no, I was not, your honor.

Same thing with something like Haunted Castle. Not a well-executed game, but I can still have fun playing it.

lol, one of these days I'm gonna have to finally pony up and play HC.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: