Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lost in Shadow  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:19 AM »
What's the word on this? I think it looks intriguing. Amazon's got it for sixteen bucks, so I think I'll pick it up soon. Givin' me strong Ico vibes.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
Lost in Shadow? I've never heard of this. But I'm still curious as to what's going on with the third Ico game. It's been a while. Do you have some screens of this new game?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:34 PM »
GOOGLE, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

:p

I don't usually look into games much. I just do to a point where I'm interested, and then wait for release. Last I heard, The Last Guardian comes out in December.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »
I've been toying with getting this, as well. But I'm still working on some older Wii games like Dewy's Adventure (surprisingly impressive after a huge learning curve) and don't want to throw around cash at the moment. Anyway, I've read that it's a standout Wii title in the vein of ICO with tons of great ideas, but that it's flawed in execution--a few control hiccups and pacing problems--and can be tedious in some of its puzzles/platforming/length of game. It sounds to me like a diamond in the rough that if you push through it's problems, it's a lot of fun. Nintendo Power gave it an 8.0, but despite their nitpicks, they said the first impression of the game is that it's "brilliant." In due time, I'll pick it up. There is a lot of backlog on Wii I've missed that I'm still working with. I like that the Wii has these quirky themed games that you used to see on the Nintendo 64 (Glover, Bomberman 64, Hybrid Heaven, etc)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:19:35 PM by RichterB »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »
I beat the game.  It's really cool.  The light-shadow scenery is pretty great and there are some scary moments.
The ending is very cryptic.  I collected everything in the game. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
GOOGLE, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Do try and be a bit more abnormal as this comes off as being too normal which is just not you  :) And yeah. those screens just scream ICO. It's as if this were another entry into the series. The environments make it look at home there.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »
So, I picked this game up, and it's a blast. Really great game design, wonderful atmosphere and visual style. I loooooves it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »
Did you get to Floor 16 yet? ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:11:58 AM »
That the one with the big shadow monster? Oh, yes. Oh, yes, indeed. :o Kinda scared me a bit. Frantically trying to get over obstacles and that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything