Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: fanmade castlevania fighting game?  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Arcraith

• Hunter in Training
  • whoop whoop!
    • Sanctum Insania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
guys i was wondering if i made a castlevania fighter would it be disrespect to serio?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
I don't see why it would be as long as you either don't use any of the resources he made (game engine, sprites, etc.) or asked his permission to use those. If you make an entirely new game with all your resources and everything, though, it's your right--it's not plagiarising or disrespect if you put in the effort yourself. I love Serio-sama as much as the next prunyuu, but it's not as if he has a monopoly on game development. It's no disrespect to make another fighting game as long as you yourself put in the effort ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
guys i was wondering if i made a castlevania fighter would it be disrespect to serio?

Yes it absolutely would be. In fact, if you have any resources for your game done already they must be turned over to him.

Also, if you have any money whatsoever, it must be turned over to me immediately. In the same sense as what you asked above, since I said I use money before you, you would be disrespecting me by continuing to use and be in possession of it.

Lastly if you know any attractive looking women, they must also be remanded to me ASAP. As I have probably been getting laid longer than you (I am 32), I lay claim to all of their vaginas, and demand that the women be brought to my house, so that I can thoroughly stretch, penetrate, and massage their slimy ridged innards with "la gorda" until my hearts content. After I have deposited my seed, I may consider giving you permission to engage in similar activities with one of the aforementioned females; but just this one time. Any further occurrences must be pre-approved thru myself prior to commencing.

Thank you for your time.  8)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:56:40 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Arcraith

• Hunter in Training
  • whoop whoop!
    • Sanctum Insania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
sweet, just making sure there was not going to be any violations of fanboy etiquette :P I'll start a thread some time to get ideas rolling in.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:46:35 AM by arcraith »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
Yes it absolutely would be. In fact, if you have any resources for your game done already they must be turned over to him.

Also, if you have any money whatsoever, it must be turned over to me immediately. In the same sense as what you asked above, since I said I use money before you, you would be disrespecting me by continuing to use and be in possession of it.

Lastly if you know any attractive looking women, they must also be remanded to me ASAP. As I have probably been getting laid longer than you (I am 32), I lay claim to all of their vaginas, and demand that the women be brought to my house, so that I can thoroughly stretch, penetrate, and massage their slimy ridged innards with "la gorda" until my hearts content. After I have deposited my seed, I may consider giving you permission to engage in similar activities with one of the aforementioned females; but just this one time. Any further occurrences must be pre-approved thru myself prior to commencing.

Thank you for your time.  8)

LOL'd my ass off. ^_^
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything