Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Tactics (idea)  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania Tactics (idea)
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:37:37 AM »
What if they did a tactical style castlevania game?

They could have some sort of storyline where Dracula is finally able to ressurect and he ends up destroying all of modern civilization. His army of darkness is hunting down all the remaining survivors but what he doesn't know is that the same power that brought him back to life also revived all of the previous Belmonts. So you get to take control of all the Belmonts in a tactical style rpg as you fight your way to Dracula's castle to finish him off for good. The enemies would be the most gruesome ever and they would be led by one of the bosses from the past games along with new bosses or other lesser vampires (all bosses would be represented.)You could have cutscenes where the characters tell about their own journey and only someone who played the game would remember it. This would allow for much more character development and perhaps allow them to straighten up their story. Bleh, just an idea.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:40:57 AM »
Uhhhhhh......

No.

If all Belmonts were revived (kinda a dumb idea to begin with) then Dracula would be screwed. It only takes one Belmont to defeat the count. Even with a world of evil creatures, all previous Belmonts is still overkill.

Belmonts: GRAND CROSS X 12
Dracula: OH NO! ITS OVER 9000!!!

Etc.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Tactics (idea)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:12 AM »
I'm addicted to Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance...but a Castlevania like this? no thanks...

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »
Just an idea. The current gameplay has become stagnant. And Dracula wouldn't be such a pussy like he has been in past games. They could also change up the battle style from tactical to sidescroll fights, and 3-d exploration. They won't do it though but I hope they make some improvements in whatever they do.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »
I like your idea! But i think it would be better off without the story you described behind it.

A side game with no storyline elements, just fighting or a unique battle system would be great for the series!  8)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
I agree, fighting multiple bosses at a time would kickass too.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03:36 AM »
I don't think this style can get along with Castlevania.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »
In Reply To #7

ANY style can get along with castlevania (or anything else for that matter) its all about how its done.

As for this idea it might be cool but Im not a RTS or TBS kinda guy so I really couldnt say Id be into it.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 01:40:35 AM »
In Reply To #7

ANY style can get along with castlevania (or anything else for that matter) its all about how its done.

As for this idea it might be cool but Im not a RTS or TBS kinda guy so I really couldnt say Id be into it.

I agree with you on that. I think it could be done with the right developers, and it's really not such a bad idea since a lot of fans might dig it, but I personally couldn't imagine myself ever getting into it...

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
Doesn't have to be all Belmonts, there are more than the Belmonts who are Vampire Hunters. Get me programmers and such and I'll plan it out for you >.> <.< >.> ... yea I like the easy stuff lol.

Tags:

anything