Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kid friendly Castlevanias?  (Read 9402 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »
Don't introduce her to video game at such a young age. It might make her a slave to video games.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
Don't introduce her to video game at such a young age. It might make her a slave to video games.
Bullshit.

Everything comes full circle

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
+1
In all honesty though, I think it all comes down to how you introduce her to it. Do it wrong and she might either be a gaming addict like Pemburu said or hate it for various reasons like Ratty said. Do it right, however, and she might come to love gaming without being addicted to it.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
Bullshit.
In all honesty though, I think it all comes down to how you introduce her to it. Do it wrong and she might either be a gaming addict like Pemburu said or hate it for various reasons like Ratty said. Do it right, however, and she might come to love gaming without being addicted to it.

Offline Starman DX

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »
Well although most people are suggesting the older games, why not start her with whatever's new in 5 or 6 years? Unless its still as violent as LoS I mean. I'm sure most of us started playing any game that was new at the time, then out of curiosity saught out the older games.

I know that not everyone is the same, but was young I started with a Sega Genesis which was still new at the time, and I grew to love games pretty naturally. Even though I grew up with modern consoles, I still went back to play the classics to better understand the franchises I loved.

Perhaps it will be the same for your daughter, just wait and see as she gets older.

Offline DrLight66

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
There's a Castlevania clone on the NES called "8 Eyes" that isn't scary, but it's really not any good either though it does have a 2-player co-op mode where one player controls the hero's pet hawk.

Tags:

anything