Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PSN and XBLA get arcade perfect Fighting Vipers???? + Sonic TF, VF2, VO, etc.  (Read 1930 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Announced for this autumn.  :D   They are each sold separately, but if they are arcade perfect, they are practically a steal for just 10 or so dollars (I would only buy FV and Sonic TF though, had enough Virtua Fighter matches. :D  ).   I heard they might also include online play but that is unconfirmed (wonder who's porting it? M2?  They made excellent KOF ports to PSN, with decent netcode and options for kof95 and kof96. Their only weak area is that they don't have experience with developing online lobbies/spectating, but they are still overall better than Backbone. )   :D What's interesting is that some like STF and FV may be updated/expanded arcade versions, meaning they could have playable characters/modes their original versions had tucked away.  So arcade perfect + extra content = sweet deal!!  ^-^  (especially considering the Saturn versions were toned down in visuals, so  porting the top quality arcade versions is better as the port's foundation.)    SEGA Model2 Collection - Announcement Trailer

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The description says for Japan. Anyone know if this is coming to America? Even if it doesn't, you bet I'll at least be getting Virtua-On with my Japanese PSN account. I have too many fond memories of Viruta-On at the arcades, so I HAVE to get it.

Actually, I'd like to try the the Sonic fighting game too, actually.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
They look like the fully translated english versions, although the Japan versions had english text too I guess. 

Considering they are going more digital,  and they did bring over things like JSR and NiGHTS,  they could definitely bring these to the west.  :)

In fact, they must bring them to North America and other regions, it's obvious how much more money they can make from these compared to investing in a brand new IP or trying to port something that SOJ hasn't ported themselves.

It's definitely not hard compared to porting a RTS SRPG like Dragon Force to PS3 and X360  (1. because the Sega Ages version wasn't translated.   and 2.  SOA wouldn't make direct Saturn ports themselves, even though the Saturn version is already fully translated.  And I think SOA only handles localization, not hands on porting themselves. )

but on the other hand, these Model2 arcade ports are being completed by SOJ, so SOA could totally localize them.  It really is in their best interests.   ;D  and especially fighting games like FV have really no dialogue or text to translate,  names, titles and credits are pretty much english.   

Tags: