Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seriously, Microsoft?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/07/microsoft-files-patent-for-device-that-enforces-licenses-through/
Trying to become the Big Brother of multimedia? Oh, I do hope they're only joking.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
Jesus... How super stupid do they have to be?? The whole notion of the "Big Brother" mentality doesn't work in today's society. If the XBOX consoles are going to have everyone of their kinect devices fitted with this violation of privacy then they are going to lose sales big-time. And not only that but technogeeks will simply change out those cameras so they can't be monitored by Microshaft.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:18:10 AM »
I think Microsoft is planning to license out this tech. But if I were to guess I'd say it's probably their attempt to court content creators into exclusivity deals. Media companies love how extreme Apple's DRM is, Microsoft is just trying to be even more draconian.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
+4
"Thoughtcrime piracy detected. Please remain in your place as the police arrives and penalizes you. Remember, piracy is theft, war is peace, ignorance is power. Microsoft corporation."
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
"Thoughtcrime piracy detected. Please remain in your place as the police arrives and penalizes you. Remember, piracy is theft, war is peace, ignorance is power. Microsoft corporation."

It only let me click the + button once... :(
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
+2
You mean we get to pay $60 a year for Xbox Live AND be spied on while we try to enjoy games?! Sign me up!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
What?!? Fuck that shit! Fuck Microsoft! Fuck XBOX! I'll stick with Wii U. And why the fuck does Windows 8 look like a freakin' dashboard?
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:19 PM »
+1
Not to say I don't hate this idea, but don't companies patent lots of crazy shit like this? I wonder if this will ever see the light of day.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
You mean we get to pay $60 a year for Xbox Live AND be spied on while we try to enjoy games?! Sign me up!

You've got something "dirty" in mind, don't you?  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything