Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Crimson shroud-3DS e-shop, awesomeness!  (Read 2865 times)

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
This game is a virtual pen-and-paper RPG campaign, the great music alone is worth the price! Nintendolife gave it a 9 out of 10, and they are usually never generous with e-shop games, since the majority of them tend to be poor.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/crimson_shroud_eshop

Did you get this yet? What do you think?
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Crimson shroud-3DS e-shop, awesomeness!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
Oooo~ sounds good! I'll have to check it out.  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
Now that is very original! As far as I know there has never been a table-top RPG like that converted into a digital media RPG. Dayyyyuum! It even has the dice!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:11:16 PM »
I've been playing this and it's not that bad. In fact, there is a lot of aesthetic charm from the immobile pieces. Imagine taking a Warhammer model or a plastic D&D figure and just playing with them in a mock-fight like most of us did with our toys as kids. Like having them attack just snaps the model shoulder-first towards the target. There are some "choose your own adventure" choices but so far I haven't seen them offer much change.
From what I can tell there is no way (at least so far) to sell off un-used items. On the flip-side, it looks like every weapon and piece of armour appears on your character. Using the stylus (or the little joystick) you pick up the dice, rattle them, and then toss them. If you just try to pick them up and drop them, it won't let you. The game introduces new concepts to you as you go along, and allows you to re-watch tutorials, so that's always a plus.
And you'll either love or hate the omission of a narrator for the DM.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
Finished the 1st playtrough with the bad ending, and started the game+, which is super hard!  :-\

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Finished the 1st playtrough with the bad ending, and started the game+, which is super hard!  :-\
This doesn't bode well...I'm still on my 1st playthrough!

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »
This doesn't bode well...I'm still on my 1st playthrough!

you can get the good ending on the first playtrough, too. But in the +game you can unlock areas, which were not available on the 1st go.

Tags:

anything