Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Graphics Cards  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
So I'm planning on buying a new GPU soon, since mine is messed up. I already sent it in once, got it back 'repaired" sent it in AGAIN, got a new one, and the new one has issues too. So fuck this one.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7870OC from Gigabyte, though I haven't touched the OC stuff.

What's a good reliable card I can get that's on the same page more or less? I'd prefer to keep the price under $400, $500 as a stretch.

Any ideas guys? I really don't know much about them. I usually just go for what has mostly good feedback.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
If you have an AMD chipboard, they play nicely with ATI cards since they're basically the same company now.

The card I'm using is old, but ATI has not really let me down.  Their OpenGL support isn't the best but they still do a good job for the money.
Sorry I don't have a particular card model to tell you about.  :(

Although nVidia do great cards, in my opinion, if you have an AMD chipset, the ATI card seems to play well with it.  That's just personal experience, I have nothing to back that up.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
This is more than enought for the most games, very good price and not use fan (no problems and no sound xD)
http://www.pccomponentes.com/sapphire_radeon_hd_7750_ultimate_1gb_gddr5.html

For very high-gamer this..
http://www.pccomponentes.com/gigabyte_radeon_hd_7950_3gb_gddr5_windforce.html

but take care with the funs.....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:41:16 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
I always say research! If you have a ton of money, quad-sli GTX TITANS!!!!

But otherwise, may I direct your attention to Tom's Hardware, who regularly compare modern graphics cards against each other and their price brackets? That way if you have a budget, you can see what meets your needs or what provides the best "bang for your buck". :)

Tom's Hardware: Best Graphics Card for May 2013

Tags:

anything