Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lament of Innocence is on PSN  (Read 7483 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
Ooohhh, shiny! :D  Does anyone know whether LoI is available on the PSN in Europe by any chance through any means?  I have a PS2 copy, however, I don't have a PS2 to play it on of my own.
CoD on the network would be shiny indeed. Heck, making as many of these games as possible available would be awesome.

"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
I might have to download this and Shattered Soldier soon to see how they look and because I have a hankering, but daaaaaamn is ten bucks a lot of scratch for games I already paid full price for.

I could just play 'em on my little 13" tube... It's got boss speakers and sharp picture at least.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:28:59 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »
Just downloaded Contra: Shattered Soldier and I think it looks awesome. When you switch the view mode from Normal to Off, it displays the game in its native 640x480 res, except now progressive scan, which I don't think the original PS2 game had the option. It looks minty crisp on my HDTV, yo (far better than what component cables did for PS2 games that utilize 480p). Not as good as an uprezzed conversion, but still bangin', and I can switch my TV from Native (no overscan) to Natural and it'll fill the image out to the top and bottom of the screen. Now I REALLY wish I had a PS3 that plays PS2 discs. Would it really be so difficult for Sony to release firmware that emulates PS2 games from the discs? For that matter, why can't PSP downloads be played on a PS3? Razzin' frazzin'...

Definitely gonna hafta get Lament of Innocence now.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
Would it really be so difficult for Sony to release firmware that emulates PS2 games from the discs? For that matter, why can't PSP downloads be played on a PS3? Razzin' frazzin'...

The last time I checked you can download an emulation program off the PSNetwork in order to play PS2 disks on the PS3. Don't know about the PS1 though. Mine is an older PS3 system so it is already backwards compatible.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
Japanese version of LOI and COD have been on for quite some time if anyone is interested. Just download PSNStuff for anyone that knows what I am talking about...

On a side note I already seen Shattered Soldier and Neo Contra from there..

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: