Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 25680 times)

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
+1
Finally some good news :) Good to hear.
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Its a shame that they still puts DLC in the game disc, DLC doesnt mean Downloaded Content? Where is the "downloaded" part in that?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
I purchased RE 6 yesterday and so far I've got no complaints. Currently I'm playing Leon's campaign and I just begun the 3d chapter. If there is some DLC then I'll have to see what that's all about.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KyleVoakes

• Hunter in Training
  • Suffering Like G Did?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »
+1
Got to finally playing Leon Campaign last night with mah bro. Local Co-op is... different compared to the online Demo sessions I had previously. One of the biggest, and probably best inclusion to local split-screen is that you do NOT share ammo or healing. Each person has to pick their own stuff, so what Kurt (brother) and I have been doing was actually performing "Ammo Checks" after difficult moments. Other than that, I'm really impressed with the game as a RE inclusion. The entire first chapter in Leon's story was a phenomenal experience, with a couple (subtly spoken) "Oh, damn..." moments thrown in there.

What do I think of the game as one of the "die-hard fans?" I'll be honest and say that RE6 (At least Leon's Campaign) is exactly how I remember the classic RE was. Every now and then I'd empty my supply of handgun bullets entirely, conserving all the good guns for harder fights. There's a huge absence of healing items, which must also be conserved, and at some points in the game it was better to flee than to fight. Even with this survivalist element being present, I still find enjoyment reverse-DDTing zombies from behind. I dunno how this game got so many poor reviews, but so far there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The plot isn't getting on my nerves either, not like in RE5 or Diablo 3. Actually, the development of the plot is pretty damn good so far, but I haven't even finished one of the campaigns, and I've played it for 4-5 hours already!

One thing I'm not proud of is the Skill system. I think it's a tad unnecessary and it only provides a little bit of hand-holding, but not arm-grabbing assistance like in Amateur. You could still get killed easily, even with the Skills purchased.

At the moment, I'm on chapter 3 in Leon's campaign, and I cannot wait to get started on Chris's, which I'm saving for last.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
Its a shame that they still puts DLC in the game disc, DLC doesnt mean Downloaded Content? Where is the "downloaded" part in that?

No... Not again on disk DLC are you kidding me? Please tell it's a trick since it's October.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »
I thought it's pretty good myself.  Although IMO i dont think they are gonna top RE2 in my book.  But i do like how they split the campaign styles up, as mentioned before the Leon story is more old school whereas the Chris story is similar to RE4-RE5.  I beat Leon's campaign in about 5-6hrs and only played the 1st chapter of Chris' but so far im pretty impressed.  Anyone mess with Jake's campaign yet?
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
So I heard Sherry grew up to be hot and has Wolverine healing powers now.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
I've finished up Leon's campaign and right now I'm on Chris's. Once that's done then I'll check out Jake's.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
I started playing RE6.

Stop dressing up exactly like the random enemies in this game and fucking with my aim, Jake.
Stop playing up the whole "Freakishly calm guy in dramatic situations" trope, Jake.  Seriously, there's a difference between knowing how to keep your cool and taking it to the point where you display no hint of surprise or worry whatsoever and act in ways no real human being from the planet Earth could ever relate to.  That crap always really annoys me because it's basically the author trying to make a character super-popular with 13-year-olds through forced 2edgy4me.  Your biggest reaction to your entire mercenary platoon violently transforming into monsters and trying to kill you with knives is "Hmm, well I guess this isn't quite a normal day on the job."  Were you expecting that to happen?
Stop lingering in the back shooting at god knows what when I'm trying to get out of the goddamned area, Jake.
Stop getting in the way of my snowmobile, Jake.
Stop being a featured character in a game with clunky vehicle controls when I just finished playing GTA5, Jake.  What's the point of putting reverse controls on this thing when I can't turn the camera to actually see what's behind me?
Stop being bald in the snow, Jake.  Your ears are going to get frostbite like that.
Stop being useless and help me find more item stuff, Jake.
Stop killing things with that swinging DDT animation, Jake.  Wrestling is fake.
Stop trying to turn this campaign into a contrived soap opera, Jake.  Sherry's La Femme Nikita / Viper Season 1 thing is doing fine without you.
Stop saying lines that could potentially cause DC Comics to bring a trademark lawsuit against Capcom, Jake.

ya know, now I'm kind of glad I killed him off.

edit:  fuck I didn't realize this came out an entire year ago.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:47:48 PM by Super Waffle »

Tags:

anything