Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does the Steam version of Lords of Shadow require an always online connection?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
There doesn't seem to be a clear answer on this, though a "broadband connection" is listed as one of the requirements to play. There's a possibility I'll get the game while it's 50% either now or on the Christmas sale, but not if this is a requirement.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I mean, you need to be able to log into steam at least once to download it, but I downloaded the demo and there was no requirement

Offline theANdROId

• Legendary Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Woah woah woah...is this the actual Lords of Shadow...like, the PS3 game...available for PC?!!  How could I have missed this?!  I've been dying to play this, but don't have the money for a PS3 nor do I know someone from whom I could borrow one.  That is what this is, right?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

About the question: Of course not, Steam supports offline mode.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Woah woah woah...is this the actual Lords of Shadow...like, the PS3 game...available for PC?!!  How could I have missed this?!  I've been dying to play this, but don't have the money for a PS3 nor do I know someone from whom I could borrow one.  That is what this is, right?

Yeah, it's available on steam with all DLC for $30, or if you get it now while it's on a 50% off sale for $15. It'll probably go on sale again for 50%-75% for the annual Christmas sale. Here's the page http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080

^of course  ;)

About the question: Of course not, Steam supports offline mode.

Don't be so sure. Steam allows all kinds of stupid DRM to be used on top of their own DRM if the publisher wants it. SecuROM, GFWL etc.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:50:10 PM by Ratty »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
There's no form of DRM used on LoS, except Steam's one. You only need to download and play it in Offline Mode after.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
If I recall correctly, Steam's offline mode "wears off" after a certain period and you will have to log in again. So I don't think you can just log in once to buy the game, go offline and then never log onto Steam again.

Tags: