Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Lords of Shadow series has come and gone, time to reflect on it.  (Read 25590 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: The Lords of Shadow series has come and gone, time to reflect on it.
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
its a role-reversal

in every cv game belmont fights 10-foot tall dracula
this time, dracula fights 10-foot tall belmont

could just be mercurysteam poking fun at that detail

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2014, 04:03:43 AM »
Just finished the game at 110%, and I have to say, despite it's flaws, I like the game much more after the second playthrough.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:13 AM »
If you think things are taking too long to kill you really need to work on upping your mastery of the weapons. At level 3 Mastery, the whip and the claws are just beastly. Anything but the largest enemies go down in just a couple good hits and even the larger ones don't last long.

All of those little guys that spawn with armor in front of the Shop in the City of the Dead? You can plow right through the whole group with the claws on and using the auto-combo you get for holding down the area attack button and wipe them out instantly.

I really took the time to master different moves to increase the power of the main weapons so by the time I had those floating dark monks spawning in places, I didn't even realize they could combine or turn into something that looked like Aguni from Dawn of Sorrow because i was killing them too fast.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »
If you think things are taking too long to kill you really need to work on upping your mastery of the weapons. At level 3 Mastery, the whip and the claws are just beastly. Anything but the largest enemies go down in just a couple good hits and even the larger ones don't last long.

All of those little guys that spawn with armor in front of the Shop in the City of the Dead? You can plow right through the whole group with the claws on and using the auto-combo you get for holding down the area attack button and wipe them out instantly.

I really took the time to master different moves to increase the power of the main weapons so by the time I had those floating dark monks spawning in places, I didn't even realize they could combine or turn into something that looked like Aguni from Dawn of Sorrow because i was killing them too fast.

I have no problem with them. It's the little jailer minions that kick my ass for some reason.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Those are the guys I was talking about that I eventually could just wipe out like nothing. Try the Chaos Claws and use the auto combo you get when you hold down area attack.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »
Ah. Crap. I have no idea how I misunderstood what you said. Without Chaos magic they suck.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »
+3
http://www.originalsoundversion.com/draculas-dirge-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-ost-review/

My review of the Lords of Shadow 2 soundtrack.

I have to say that I'm disappointed by the way the story went in LoS2, and thusly how it wraps the series up. Granted, this may be helped by the forthcoming DLC, but the story of the game seemed much more forced, confusing and unsatisfying than in the first game and even Mirror of Fate. I'll let a bit more time go by and the DLC to see if this helps my stance any, but I'm just disappointed that an aspect that I actually liked about LoS1 was so neutered by the second game.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
I was wondering what are your guys favorite moment and worst moment of the game. I will start. My favorite moment was the whole Toymaker sequence, the boss battle, the assembling of the story on stage and the music. I wish the whole game was like this. The worst moment of the game was train sequence which I was bastardized version of the Uncharted train sequence and where the game absolutely jumped shark

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
What train sequence? I don't remember this...

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Toymaker sequence, for sure, is my favourite part. Specially after a shitty boss fight with Agreus.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »
I was wondering what are your guys favorite moment and worst moment of the game. I will start. My favorite moment was the whole Toymaker sequence, the boss battle, the assembling of the story on stage and the music. I wish the whole game was like this. The worst moment of the game was train sequence which I was bastardized version of the Uncharted train sequence and where the game absolutely jumped shark

Best: Zobek
Worst: Victor's death

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »
Best: The music. i can't choose actual sequences, I like too many. But the music stands out most to me

Worst: Victor's death, hands down. In fact it's even worse than the ending to me. At least you can swallow the ending as "open ended" or try and make it make sense, but not Victor's death.

also FYI I liked the train sequence. I was like, WOOOOW, I loved that line by Dracula too- "Only I live forever!"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:04:58 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
What train sequence? I don't remember this...

Where you're fighting some monster with one horn and he tried to take you down with him.

Anyways Favorite moment fighting Victor Belmont so awesome

Least Favorite moment Victor dies it baffles me that not even 20 mins in he dies. and the riders of the storm that one segment where you have to avoid the electricity ahhh!!!! worst than Argeus I tell you all!

Best: The music. i can't choose actual sequences, I like too many. But the music stands out most to me

The music was very boring to me not one track stands out to me. LoS seems to be the only game in the Los series to have memorable music was belmont's theme being the one for me. It just hit me in so many way that it is without a doubt my favorite song in the Los series, heck It's in my top ten for overall favorite cv music.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:50:21 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 06:54:03 AM »
+1
Best: Zobek
Worst: Victor's death

I concur.

Tags:

anything