Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Fate of Undying Legacy  (Read 9809 times)

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Undying Legacy Programmer
    • Awards
Re: The Fate of Undying Legacy
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
In Reply To #15

Homebrews are indeed big projects, especially when it comes to making games that mimic the gameplay and overall feel of a classic game with the complexity of the Castlevania series. The amount of time and resources that go into a project like this are along the same caliber as a commercial game, especially with a small team of four and only one game development program.

I admit that I am not the most prolific or disciplined programmer, and none of us on this team have been willing to settle for mediocrity, so our standards are pretty high. That makes this project all the more challenging. (And that's not necessarily a bad thing.)

And of course, yes, there are extremely tedious tasks that do become quite boring at times, as well as roadblocks in game code that can frustrate the hell out of all but the most hardened of coders. When that happens, I have the option to walk away from the project for a while until I get the motivation or time to take another stab at it.

If this was a commercial project, I couldn't afford to do that, but I can; and I do. No sense in burning myself out over it if I don't have to.

I'm not making any more promises or trying to rally everybody up anymore when I do decide to try and make some progress. I get tired of sounding like a broken record.

I hope I don't sound too negative right now, but that's just the way it is.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:49:13 PM by NeoBelmont89 »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »
In Reply to #15

I'm usually the first to assume the worst. I'm very morbid like that. Good to see you're alive and well, NeoBelmont! ...unless of course your posts are being controlled by a... ROBOT!  :o
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 11:07:17 PM »
In Reply To #16

Just make sure to let Ralph know. He'll prolly want a copy of the source, also.

Good to know you're okay though.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 03:09:16 PM »
In Reply To #16

What you need to do is very two weeks, post:
"Still Alive."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 09:50:55 PM »
I've had actual dreams about this project being completed. I remember dreaming about the Clock Tower level.

I don't want to see it die.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:52 PM »
It's not gonna die bro. That's one thing I can promise at this point. As I've said many times before: if I couldn't do it anymore, I would let you guys know. So until I say I'm done, or you guys decide to "fire" me, I'll keep working on it until it's finished.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:52:27 PM by NeoBelmont89 »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 02:22:20 AM »
So, its still going? I'm a bit lost now.

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
In Reply To #22

It never stopped. Nothing against Ralph, but this thread should've never been made until somebody either emailed me or asked what was going on in our developer's forum. I'm not always quick to post progress or non-progress, but I do reply quite fast if somebody asks.

I understand the assumption on Ralph's part, I really do. But all in the same, it's not fair to jump to conclusions until you've tried to contact me. I've been "quiet" before, and it never stopped anybody from asking if I was still alive.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:38:21 AM by NeoBelmont89 »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
I see, okay then.

Offline NeoBelmont89

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »
This is an announcement to the team:

There has been an update at the developer's forum. I encourage you all to read it and give some input.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
You guys have a forum!?

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
In Reply To #23

Glad to see you didn't die, heh.

Well honestly, we wouldn't find a new programmer because you're probably the only person I've (and probably Rugal) ever felt totally comfortable with. If you want to continue, then godspeed, I'll be at your side.

Though about posting this thread... I mean, within three months, it doesn't really kill to use your internet or drop by the library to send a message or two within a few minutes to let us know you didn't die or anything, haha.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Tags: