Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I think I know the main reason why I dislike IGA  (Read 18722 times)

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: I think I know the main reason why I dislike IGA
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 12:16:20 AM »
Haven't any of you realized yet? If you express any of your own personal opinions on this forum, you will be treated like Saddam Hussein.

I remember when I got slammed for saying that Curse of Darkness is my favorite Castlevania game, and Symphony of the Night is overhyped.

Crap.. I just expressed my opinion, didn't I? I will leave now.  :-X

::Hands you a cross and a flame shield:: You know: just in case.  :P
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
I'm pretty darn excited about OOE, to be honest. Being able to explore outside of the castle will be fun, even though I'm sure the level designing will be much the same. But I'm hoping there will at least be nifty backgrounds and sprites to look at. :P The recent games haven't always had the best looking in-game artwork, but overall they're really good.

I dunno, something just tells me that OOE will be the best of the DS games. Well, here's hoping...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
In Reply To #62

Koji Igarashi stood alone. Waiting, by himself, just 15 feet or so away from the Castlevania Judgment demo station set up at this year's E3. It was as if he was searching for something. For validation. I believe it would have made his day for even one individual to have walked up to the game, played for a while, and exited with a smile on their face. But it didn't happen.

The fanboy legions of Nintendo consoles are a force to be reckoned with, and it seems like most all of them have already written off this Castlevania fighter -- specifically because it's a fighter. The shared sentiment seems to be that it's great that Castlevania is making its debut on Wii, but in the form of a fighting game it's undesirable. While we can't offer a compelling counterargument to the contrary, it is safe to say that's it far too early to judge Judgment -- the completed title may well surprise several of the naysayers. And the Wii is not a console overcrowded with other options for fighting fans, either, so it could very well find itself a fair-sized amount of sales this November. The word is still out on Castlevania Judgment, so stick with our coverage in the next two months and the full review that arrives in November to learn, for sure, whether or not Iga was right to be sad.

From http://wii.ign.com/articles/911/911559p4.html thought you guys might like it, I found it pretty funny.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
Haven't any of you realized yet? If you express any of your own personal opinions on this forum, you will be treated like Saddam Hussein.

I remember when I got slammed for saying that Curse of Darkness is my favorite Castlevania game, and Symphony of the Night is overhyped.

Crap.. I just expressed my opinion, didn't I? I will leave now.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 04:02:53 PM »
While I'm hopeful for OOE, Judgment really does look like a steaming pile. I don't even play fighting games for one thing, and even if I did, I don't know if I could be excited for this.

Sucks that IGA had no one come to the booth or whatever at E3, but I'm not gonna boo-hoo for him over a crummy-looking game and nobody showing interest. Now No More Heroes, a truly excellent game, hardly got any attention in Japan. The director, Goichi Suda, was at a store for a signing on release date, and nobody entered the store to purchase his game. Talk about a kick in the balls. That game deserves all the praise in the world.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
In Reply To #65

Suda's games aren't for everyone. NMH wasn't, neither was K7. They are more like insider-tips. I really love both of them, but I can totally understand, why they aren't popular.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
That's 'cos Suda is so ahead of the curve and people don't like things that are new and awesome. :)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: