Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: castlevania fighting game. this time for real  (Read 16460 times)

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: castlevania fighting game. this time for real
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »
Serio, your game is awesome!

I ran into an odd glitch though. My friend and I were playing CO-OP, and he died in the place where frankenstien was. Then, in the next battle, our guys were controlled by the computer, fighting the computer  :o :o :o

Besides that, I only had it crash on me once and I haven't had any more problems.

You have done an amazing job! I absolutely love it!
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
nice scv4 simon owns

diagonal/up whipping + laurel ftw

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »
When I was doing survival on The Dark Chapel area, all of the enemies only had one HP.  :o

Also, when I killed Dracula in survival, the orb never came.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
I ran into an odd glitch though. My friend and I were playing CO-OP, and he died in the place where frankenstien was. Then, in the next battle, our guys were controlled by the computer, fighting the computer   
doesn't help. i need more info. which one of you played as who, which player controls, who died.

When I was doing survival on The Dark Chapel area, all of the enemies only had one HP. 

Also, when I killed Dracula in survival, the orb never came.
well the readme does say survival is still really buggy. dracula has been problematic especially, i'll have to check him.

as for the chapel thing, give more info. i can't see anything that could cause it. how many players, what mode for enemies, who you played as, which player's controls, what boss did it started at, was it the first round or later etc.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 01:31:54 AM »
aside i ahven't ran into glitches yet, i personally find this very true to boss rush mode, altho is there a control config and a window/full screen config?
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »
In Reply To #11

Yup it's a good thing you released this demo, as you said many (if not most) fan games never see the light of day, and you'l get alot of feedback, so here's some more of mine;

Alucards normal attack, like OAA is really rapid fire and does abit too much damage. On another note though, his fireball attacks are awsome.

Simon's laurels are abit overpowered. They're great, cause Simon has a kinda slow attack, and no real special moves, so he needs them, but they do need to be toned down abit.

Lastly, Dracula's moveset is really random, there's no telling what he's gonna shoot at you. You might want to find a way of signaling, only sligthly beforehand what kind of attack he's using, or slow his attacks down abit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to say, this game is really good though.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:04 AM »
aside i ahven't ran into glitches yet, i personally find this very true to boss rush mode, altho is there a control config and a window/full screen config?
to config the game, use config.exe (for stuff like key config). to go full screen press alt+enter. there's a permanent full screen possible, but it increases the chances of freezing and system lock ups, so i suggest not using it.

to go permanently full screen edit config.cfg, find
DXmode=windowed
and change it to
DXmode=Hardware
Alucards normal attack, like OAA is really rapid fire and does abit too much damage. On another note though, his fireball attacks are awsome.

Simon's laurels are abit overpowered. They're great, cause Simon has a kinda slow attack, and no real special moves, so he needs them, but they do need to be toned down abit.
fixed. alucard now hits for less, and axe armor much less. i noticed that armor was using an old damage calculation which was entirely unaccurate and ignored the enemy's defenses.

simon now heals from 64-128 life per use of laurels. those are just the extremes, usually it's around 90-110.

i'll see about drac, but so far i think the voices+poses should be enough of a warning, since he says different things while using his moves.

Grim Reaper

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »
Dracula

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »
I've had trouble of fighting richter vs richter in arcade mode. any hints?

Also so far I've only found one "special"way of getting the orb, it involves sliding. are there any others?

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
Like in HoD try to touch the orb at the peak of your character's attack. If you do it just right I noticed you gain an additional 100 HP and MP for the next battle.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
doesn't help. i need more info. which one of you played as who, which player controls, who died.
well the readme does say survival is still really buggy. dracula has been problematic especially, i'll have to check him.
Player 1 was Richter, and Player 2 was Simon (chronicles), and Player 1 died.

as for the chapel thing, give more info. i can't see anything that could cause it. how many players, what mode for enemies, who you played as, which player's controls, what boss did it started at, was it the first round or later etc.

I think I was playing as Richter, and I had the AI play as Julius. The controls were default. It was in Survival mode. I can't remember what difficulty it was or the first boss. It died immediately :O
I'll see if I can do it again.

Franz Kafka

Offline Nazrath

• Thanatologist and
  • Hunter in Training
  • \/^^^^\/
    • The Castle of Dracula
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
I downloaded it, was having a play-through which I quite enjoyed, got killed by the second form of Death, then it crashed when I tried to continue. Might just be my systwem, I'll keep an eye on it. Good game, anyhow, rather well-balanced from what I can ascertain at this early stage of my playing.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
i found one glitch with death, it only happened once, where he lost his scythe and was unable to fihgt back in his second form, aside ramming me, as for dracula i found the battle fairly nice, altho i expected a third form, lol i look forward to the final game tho

glitch found:
richter battle co-op mode player 1 simon default pallet, player 2 richter belmont, default pallet,
cpu: richter and rondo richter

oddity: you can control the cpu's jump

cure: hope you win and let death kill you to get control back

on a side note: dracula on co-op on nihgtmare is insane, i can;t beat him.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:56:13 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Julius owns Dario with the teleport past the fire pillars.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:03:00 PM by Jago »

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
If you use the right element, Yoko absolutely RAPES everything in sight.  Her rod attack is fast and like in DoS, gives her back some HP on contact.  As mentioned before though, she does very little damage to Death (needs some Holy elemental magic or something).

Tags:

anything