Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How would a Castlevania CCG Work?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »
(I thought I'd be post this topic on a new style of Castlevania before Saner eventually does)

There's two new forms of Castlevania that I've been wanting to come out for a long time now, one is a strategy rpg, and the other is a collectible card game (surprisingly, I hadn't really dreamed of a fighter game much, and certainly not a slot machine...). 

The Castlevania universe is filled with so many elements in it that it could support a very large set of cards with many expansion sets.  I would be very compelled to try to collect all the cards.  I imagine all sorts of beautiful location cards, weapon cards, armor cards, spell cards, relic cards, monster cards, trap cards, boss cards, and character cards.

Unfortunately, I can't really imagine playing the game would be very fun.  The goal of a Castlevania game should be to go location by location defeating monsters, gaining rewards, and ultimately defeating Dracula.  But would it essentially be a race between two or more players?  Would one player get to play as Dracula?  It would be tough making a balanced game where one could in fact sometimes make it to Dracula and sometimes couldn't.  But a creative card company could probably come up with a way to make it work, who knows?

Or maybe they should just stick to releasing a simple collectors card set or a 52 card deck.  That's just not as fun as a CCG (even you are only interested in collecting the cards), but, whatever.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »
In Reply To #1

We thought of that idea.
Some of us even made artwork based upon the characters.

Some of these were made by artists that go to this very forum, but others were edited from Card Fighter Clash (NeoGeo Pocket game).

Check 'em out!

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »
oh yeah, i remember those.  it was cool seeing all these characters together with the same general art style.  i don't remember where to find them though.

Tags:

anything