Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: **SPOILER ALERT*** Castlevania Order of Ecclesia  (Read 105783 times)

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
Re: **SPOILER ALERT*** Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
I've got the game, I've just crossed the Tymeo Mountains. Man it took me 15 tries to kill that crab boss without being hit, why did I spoiled myself about these medals, now I've set a goal to get all of them...
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2008, 03:47:30 PM »
In Reply To #136

lol, I've only got the one from giant skeleton. Don't ask me how I managed to get hit by the rolling bug thingy.

Well, great game. Btw, Albus mode rocks. You can run through the levels in a minute by spamming that teleport of his'. Also the bosses can be killed very fast with his normal attack or optical shot. At least the first couple of bosses are dead in just a few secs.

The only thing I can criticise is, that some sprites and animations look kinda crappy. I mean, look at blackmore. They should have made him smooth an stuff, but he's all pixly. Much like goliath. Then the glyphs themselves. Their icons look crappy, so do the weapons themselves. Then the animations of the save/warp-rooms. Totally loveless. And there is more than that, I just can't remember all of it.

But other than that, great game.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »
new game+ only though, since there's only 1 death ring in the game.

Well, you can enter shop mode and duplicate almost every item by buying it on your own shop.

By the way, someone is even selling the "Queen of Hearts" item, and it is supposed to be one one of the unlockables via linking the game with Judgement. God knows how that guy got it already, hacking, I suppose.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »
yeah the queen of hearts is really a great item.  made things a lot easier

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »
Well, you can enter shop mode and duplicate almost every item by buying it on your own shop.

By the way, someone is even selling the "Queen of Hearts" item, and it is supposed to be one one of the unlockables via linking the game with Judgement. God knows how that guy got it already, hacking, I suppose.
How do you buy from you own shop?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
In Reply To #140

Selecting the items you want to duplicate in the "Item visibility" option, on the regular shop of the village, then saving, going to the main menu, and opening an online shop. Enter on your own shop (obviously the one with your name on it) and buy whatever you want to duplicate (or triplicate, etc).

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
I'm almost finished with the game (Rugalcula keeps kicking my ass), but I'm kind of confused about something.

So, was Shanoa a bad guy originally?  Like, before she lost her memories, was she in on the whole "We're not doing this to kill Dracula, we're doing this to revive Dracula" thing?  Or did she not know what Barlowe was doing even when she knew was Barlowe was doing?

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2008, 06:57:43 PM »
Dominus was specifically created for the purpose of destroying Dracula.

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
Hey guy I've found a funny glitch! :D

You can see monsters you still haven't faced in the monster guide. You can't do it with all of them though. Here's how it goes: select a monster you current have in your guide and quickly move to the direction of a blank space in the monster list. For example: select Arthroverta and immediately push right, you'll see the monster in the next page. Keep trying and you'll get it right. I saw Blackmore (I think he was in the trailers) and a weird big one eyed monster.

I just finished the skull caves and I'm doing some backtracking with the double-jump. Man, the song in Tymeo Mountains is awesome! :)
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
say, any thoughts on how useful the master ring is?  just got it for completing the quests.

diggin the winged boots too 8)

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »
In Reply To #145

Duplicates the points added to your weapons/magic type stats anytime you kill a monster with that particular type of weapon/magic, and with the ring equipped. There was a Master Ring on PoR, too.

I suppose it is not that useful considering they give it to you as late in the game as that, but well, there it is.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:40:33 PM by LoneChild »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Three things:

(1) I trying to beat Dracula with some tactics someone here on the forums gave me, but they aren't working.  Maybe, I not at a high enough level.  I'm only level 40 after all.

(2) I'm trying to use the online shop, but there is no one to buy from or sell to.  I need tasty meat, a onyx, a diamond, and what's need for the cat's collar.

(3) I need really detailed tactics on defeating Dracula.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Algernon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
The only thing I can criticise is, that some sprites and animations look kinda crappy. I mean, look at blackmore. They should have made him smooth an stuff, but he's all pixly. Much like goliath. Then the glyphs themselves. Their icons look crappy, so do the weapons themselves. Then the animations of the save/warp-rooms. Totally loveless. And there is more than that, I just can't remember all of it.

But other than that, great game.
Gonna have to disagree with your criticisms... Blackmore was animated beautifully. I love how the claws moved... what you're complaining about is anti-allaising, not animation. Goliath was actually my FAVORITE boss, his attacks kicked ass, and he was really fun to fight.

I don't mind the Glyphs, but I guess they're not the most impressive thing in the game. And yeah, the save room is boring, but the WARP room was awesome! Those are some kickass distortion effects! WTF are you smoking?

(3) I need really detailed tactics on defeating Dracula.

I haven't beaten him yet, but I know a cheap way of getting through his first phase. Equip whatever weapon you like best for the fight and the wings glyph. When he starts his fireball attacking, nullify the fireballs with your weapon, and before he's finished activate the flight glyph and IMMEDIATELY move towards him, since he'll try to repel your flight glyph by sending purple fire at you. It's easily avoided by moving towards him, though, and best of all if you do it soon enough it'll reset his attack patterns! You can get through the entire first phase of the battle dealing with only the fireball attack. You can also cancel some attacks in his second phase this way, but it doesn't work as well.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:20:57 PM by Algernon »

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
I need really detailed tactics on defeating Dracula.
hammer & nova beam combo works wonders (thanks serio)

also it looks like alby can't go through the portals in the walls... makes me wonder if he goes to castlevania or not

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
(Rugalcula keeps kicking my ass)
It looks like I'm not the only one that thinks he's like Rugal.

also it looks like alby can't go through the portals in the walls... makes me wonder if he goes to castlevania or not
He can teleport and go through anything.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:59:45 PM by paletteswapmonster »

Tags: