Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's the origin of the song "Nocturne"?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
What's the origin of the song "Nocturne"?
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »
First heard it about ten or so years ago when my brother downloaded WAVE rips of SOTN (which he then separated into individual tracks and turned into THE ULTIMATE TWO-DISC SOTN SOUNDTRACK ALBUM, complete with SOTN PSX disc track 2 "Dracula's Curse" remix as a bonus at the very end), and I always assumed it was played during the credits in the Japanese version, but I think the dreadful "I Am the Wind" may have been in both, and thinking back on it now, I think I heard something years back where "Nocturne" is sung by the fairy familiar in the Japanese version for some reason or other. What's that all about?

I ask because I'm listening to disc two of the DXC OST (DEFINITELY gonna buy this) and there's an English version of the track, and it appears to be the same vocalist, likely recorded around the same time. What's the deal with that? Was it something intended for the original US release of the game but never saw the light of day, or is it in the game and I've never known about it?

I'm so in love with the song considering it's a variation of my favorite tune in SOTN (yes, even beating out "Wandering Ghosts"), "Lost Painting".

On the subject of weird SOTN songs, what's "Silence" all about? Never once heard that in the game.

And what's the deal with me having now used "What's the deal...?" five times?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:18:04 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: What's the origin of the song "Nocturne"?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:41:58 PM »
As for the origin of Nocturne I have no idea. It is sung by a fairy you can get in the japanese version of SOTN but was added in Dracula X Chronicles. I know the fairy has to be a certain level before she will play the song. That requirement might only be in DXC though, anyone know?

I may be wrong but I think that fairy was only in the sega saturn's version of sotn. With all the added content that didn't go to well. To bad it never made it over here but I think that was because the sega saturn wasn't doing to well over here.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:34:28 AM »
In Reply To #2

You had to get the Lyrics Card in the Saturn version to get the sprite familiar to sing.

I'm not certain of the conditions of the DXC version but I think it's the same thing.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:42:10 AM »
In the DXC version, you need to get the fairy card to summon the fairy and it needs to be level 12 before it sings.  It's a great song.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:18:32 AM »
The fairy can do the song in the greatest hits ver of the japanese PSX ver.  Only the non iga ver requires the sound lyrics

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »
In the DXC version, you need to get the fairy card to summon the fairy and it needs to be level 12 before it sings.
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »
I tried it last night, and suuuuure enough, it works. :) Neato. :o

But my Fairy familiar wasn't at any high level. I've barely used her. She was only like level 2 or something.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything