Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "I got killed by a boss! It's pissing me off!"  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
"I got killed by a boss! It's pissing me off!"
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GmNcJfo_xU&feature=related

This is the best OoE review ever at 25:44.

Yeah, I'm falling for their trap, but geez...if you can't barrel through enemies and repeat the same fucking formula from eleven years ago, it's suddenly a shitty game. I mean damn, challenge is a bad thing all of a sudden?
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
Re: "I got killed by a boss! It's pissing me off!"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »
It ain't called NooBTooB for nothing.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
....really....

These guys would have had a conniption on hard mode. I swear if the the next castlevania is easier because of all the complaints....eh i don't want to even think about it.

I like their philosophy. instead of saying it word for word, i will paraphrase. (read: Translate)

Their Philosophy: If I'm not winning the whole way through, the game is crap. Also, if i don't start at the beginning of the boss battle, i don't want to play anymore....check points are needed mid boss battle if its too hard.

Ok, maybe im just venting a bit but seriously...bitching about a few screens before the boss. They should be happy that their isn't any thing in their way. Shit, if they played a bit longer, they would find saves parked out in front of bosses. (like every other castleroid that's not HoD)

The best part about the "review" is the complete disregard for the artwork and music. If they at least included that, I may not have been so harsh.

Lastly, on the topic of checkpoints and its brother quick  save. I bet everyone would not like portal as much if it had you starting from the beginning of a puzzle room every time you died. (Im talking mostly for some of the longer rooms and the advanced rooms.)   

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
It was funny to see those guys bitching about all the good things that OoE did. I mean, They've basically said it, they were fans since SotN, yet obviously aren't aware the CV was around BEFORE SotN. I mean, most of the greatness in OoE are the throwback to the older games with the difficulty and enemy patterns. I laughed so much when they start to compare the game to Mega Man, then say crap like, "Castlevania was NEVER like THIS!!!".

Tags:

anything