Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jumping in?  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Jumping in?
« on: January 19, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
Greetings. Names 'Giz', though I usually go by Gizmonicgamer. I'm an artist (sprite and otherwise) and programmer/game designer; currently working on my own Indie game which is influenced by titles such as Castlevania and Devil May Cry, but I suppose thats irrelevant for now.

I can be a bit arrogant, though more often then not I have just cause to be. Did I mention I can be kind of pretentious, too? Especially in regards to music, which I am very specific and elitist albeit also very tolerant on. Most of my music revolves around the more european brand of metal; things akin to Opeth, Katatonia, Agalloch (despite being from Oregon), Carpathian Forest, Dark Tranquillity, etc.

Despite that though, I'm also pretty capable of laughing at myself.

But I'm rambling now. I'm mostly here because the Chapel is down and I'm bored, so my stay may or may not be temporary. So uh.

'Sup?
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Jumping in?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »
Hopefully it's temporary  ::)

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Giz

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
Such a nice welcome.
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:33:26 PM »
Not terribly necessary, Antraxx.

To Giz:

Hi, welcome to the forums. Understandable to be opinionated and such, just don't take it into a level of being offensive or rude. We do have what's called a "Don't be an Ass" rule, and the level of acceptability tends to vary depending on reputation and such.

Also, I posted this in the other thread but I'll go ahead and say it here too:

I understand that a few Chapel members have come over here since the site got shut down, but please don't bring Chapel issues over here or try to start any inter-form bickering, please. If you're gonna post at CVDForums, do it as a CVDForum poster, not a Chapel Poster.

Offline Giz

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:39:22 PM »
I can be pretty opinionated and will not hesitate to express said opinion, however I generally do my best not to be unneccesarily rude. So there shouldn't be too much to worry about there.

And while I may be 'primarily' a Chapel forum user, I am primarily a Dungeon site user. So either way, I hold no real "allegiances".

Either way, thanks for the welcome, Clara.
-----------

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »
Such a nice welcome.

Keep ur elitist attitude in check at the door and you won't have a problem with me.  But you're the one who brought all that stuff up.  You can't expect me to like how you came off in that first post -- is that how you greet people? I can't expect you to like how I responded, but it was in response to that unsettling vibe you sent.

But I guess you're at least being honest about it... I guess

Sorry your forum is down.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 01:17:29 AM »

LBPHeretic

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:23:50 AM »
In Reply To #6

Antraxx, you don't have to "release the hounds" on him just because he says he's opinionated. Please give new members the benefit of the doubt before lambasting them. I doubt if an invective attitude towards new members is going to make them want to have a friendly attitude towards you in return. Your mileage may vary though. ;)

It seems the Chapel Forums will only be down temporarily, so we're likely to see an influx of members joining the CVD Forums until things can be rectified by their staff. CVD Forums welcomes any and all new members even if it may just be a temporary "home" for them until things are sorted out at their normal hangout. :)

Offline Giz

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
I'm good, and you?
hey thernz

im pretty good, just got done watchin the inauguration probably gonna watch Stargate then go play Ico after

Antraxx, you don't have to "release the hounds" on him just because he says he's opinionated. Please give new members the benefit of the doubt before lambasting them. I doubt if an invective attitude towards new members is going to make them want to have a friendly attitude towards you in return. Your mileage may vary though.

Thank you, and well said  ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:05:54 AM by Giz »
-----------

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »
In Reply To #9

Don't act like this was done in your favor though. So far you really have kinda started off on a sour note, with your first post has you pretty much rolling out a red carpet for yourself. You really can't expect members to be terribly nice to you with that kind of first impression.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
In Reply To #6

MODERATION: Totally uncalled for.

Moderation 2: Stop. He's already been warned by Moderation; there's no need for Junior Mods.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:02:10 PM by Clara E. Leet »

LBPHeretic

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »

Offline Giz

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 02:12:30 PM »
Yes, because stating that I myself can be arrogant at times and artistically pretentious is just as bad as negative feedback towards another individual. Furthermore, I said nothing of other people in my post, anything beyond my statement of myself is simply assumption.

Don't act like this was done in your favor though.
In my favor? No, of course not. It was however against my opposition, thus it is for that I thank you.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:16:49 PM by Giz »
-----------

LBPHeretic

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
In Reply To #13

No one amongst the moderation is trying to quantify which is worse in regards to stating your intentions in your original post versus antagonizing feedback from other forum members. To do so is really a practice in futility. ;)

You need to just understand that by waltzing into this forum and making statements, about your style of posting and persona, as glib as yours were may result in a first impression with regular forum members that is seen in a less than positive light. We are not playing favorites here. We do ask that respectful and thoughtful posts are made in these forums. There is nothing further to say on the subject. 8)

Offline Giz

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 11:08:43 PM »
Oh but of course. I wasn't expecting a warm-welcome, however I was at least hoping there would be more open-minded individuals, who while not necessarily embracing would not instantly revile my presence; rather, approach it cautiously.

Either way, it certainly gave a good example of whose-who around here.  ;)
-----------

Tags: