Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Castlevania Kitchen  (Read 3700 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
I was wondering awhile back...  Why don't we ever see Dracula's Kitchen?  Now, I know he's a vampire and he doesn't necessarily need one --at least not in the conventional sense...  But a twisted Demon Castle kitchen would be an appropriate if not entertaining addition to the pantheon --would it not?  Surely Hell's minions get hungry too?  Anyway, my ideas...

Slaughter House.  Meat Locker.  Pantry.  Wine Cellar.  Kitchen.  Dining Hall etc...

-----Slaughter House-----

The general atmosphere of this place should be similar to most of Stage 7 of the PS1 Chronicles.  With spike traps, guillotines, swinging blades, and human remains hanging everywhere...  The slaughter house should go a step further however, to become the absolute bloodiest place in all of Castlevania history.  Rippers, Guillotiners, Evil Butchers, Mad Butchers, and axe wielding Minotaurs should populate its corridors for obvious thematic reasons, but the slaughter house could also make a good home for unusually macabre characters like the Flesh Golem.

I could go on of course, but perhaps the rest of you have ideas to share?

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »
We did see a bit of the kitchen in OoE's castle even if it was just for a few rooms (some of which were copied.)

I like the idea of the game being a little more bloody than it has been. I like the gritty aspects of some of the earlier games. The newer ones are just too...."clean" sometimes.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »
Don't forget the wine celler in the Dance Hall area of Aria of Sorrow.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
We did see a bit of the kitchen in OoE's castle even if it was just for a few rooms (some of which were copied.)

I like the idea of the game being a little more bloody than it has been. I like the gritty aspects of some of the earlier games. The newer ones are just too...."clean" sometimes.

Don't forget the wine celler in the Dance Hall area of Aria of Sorrow.

.. and PoR also depicted a meat locker, a bar, and the pastry shop...  Yeah I know...  The whole idea though is to bring all these little bits and pieces into one place.

Offline Venkman

• Vampirebuster
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: The Castlevania Kitchen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »
Dont forget the room in SoTN, that i believe was in the colliseum, it had bones and saws and a little cage and blood everywere, you pick up somthing in it, i dont remember what though.
Bustn' more than Ghost's

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:29:28 AM »
In Reply To #5

LOVE your username and avatar!  :o

By the way, it was the Blood Cape.  ;)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »
Dont forget the room in SoTN, that i believe was in the colliseum, it had bones and saws and a little cage and blood everywere, you pick up somthing in it, i dont remember what though.

Yes...  That spot is an excellent example of what a slaughter house should look like....  A huge butcher block drenched in blood --with blood dripping onto the floor...  Hell a slaughter house needs a few pools of blood that splash when stepped in.  And yeah that bloody spine on the wall with the unrecognizeable carcass on the block...  that's just about right.

Actually I may have derailed my own topic a little bit.  The whole point is to discuss ideas for a Castlevania Kitchen --of which a slaughter house could hypothetically be a part...

------------------------Meat Locker-------------------------
The meat locker would be an extension of the slaughter house concept.  No real blood here though, just lotsa meat hanging around --like that small corridor in PoR's City of Haze.  In addition to human --every meat imaginable should be seen in the meat locker --beef, pork, poultry, seafood, lamb, behemoth, and demon meats of every variety should be seen throughout the meat locker.  Hell some cuts of meat could even attack attack the player!

There's really not many existing enemies well suited for the meat locker concept, so there's am opportunity for fresh ideas.  This would still be a great place for the Flesh Golem to hang out...  Maybe an occaisonal scavenger here and there...  But there needs to be a little cross-over with Evil Butchers from the slaughterhouse depositing fresh meat, while Demon Cooks from the kitchen turn up and take what's needed to the main kitchen...  A smoke house could also be set aside for curing a variety of meats...

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: The Castlevania Kitchen
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
I really like this kitchen idea.  I think an area with a ridiculous amount of blood would be an awesome scene, it's about time we have an M rated castlevania...  ;).
Maybe those butcher enemies would fit into one of these areas, and the skeleton waiters from Dawn of Sorrow would make a nice addition to the dining hall.

Tags:

anything