Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lost planet comes to Wii!...wait, that's a Ps3 ScreenShot?!  (Read 14719 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Lost planet comes to Wii!...wait, that's a Ps3 ScreenShot?!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »
Mind showing some High res gameplay videos?

I've seen both games back to back. The only thing Halo 3's got going in terms of graphics are its cutscenes. Past that, gameplay graphics aren't much better than Halo 2.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
Sure thing.
Halo 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html
MP3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13185.html

Notice, Halo3's shadow effects, higher (evident) polygon-rate, special effects, so on, so forth.  All better than MP3's.  Keep in mind, though, this is technological graphics we're talking about.  I'm not going to make a claim based on artistic, because that s strictly a matter of opinion.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:53:04 PM by Famine »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Haha, that first picture you posted with all those guys in the grey bricked place looks like something out of the original Half-Life.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
In Reply To #18

So I guess that makes the MP3 one's the equivalent to the original Doom.  Loving the model for that alien in my last MP3 shot, by the way (/sarcasm).

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »
Sure thing.
Halo 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html
MP3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13185.html

Notice, Halo3's shadow effects, higher (evident) polygon-rate, special effects, so on, so forth.  All better than MP3's.  Keep in mind, though, this is technological graphics we're talking about.  I'm not going to make a claim based on artistic, because that s strictly a matter of opinion.

Dude. Of course MP3's gonna look terrible there. That video's from 2006 in a preview demo while the Halo video is one that was released 2 days before it's release.

You lose again.

EDIT: Eh, for the sake of argument, I did tell you to put up an HD trailer and there weren't many for Metroid. But still. Even the low-res videos look pretty badass.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:15:39 PM by Clara E. Leet »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

Halo 3 is not the best-looking 360 game I've seen, while MP3 is definitely one of the prettier Wii games so far. Having said that, Halo 3 STILL has better graphics than Metroid Prime 3. I'm surprised some people don't see that. Yeah well, whaddayaknow.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »
Dude. Of course MP3's gonna look terrible there. That video's from 2006 in a preview demo while the Halo video is one that was released 2 days before it's release.

You lose again.

EDIT: Eh, for the sake of argument, I did tell you to put up an HD trailer and there weren't many for Metroid. But still. Even the low-res videos look pretty badass.
I have played both games, and can say wholeheartledly that what I saw in the 2006 video was representatvie of my playing experience.  So I chose that one, over the other HD one that was from 2007 but taken from camera footage of an LCD tv.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »
MP3's a pretty game.  Halo 3's a pretty game.  Who gives a shit about which is technically superior?

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 05:15:42 AM »
I'm not going to let Rugal make a claim that I see as wrong and not provide an alternate opinion.  As soon as people stop making these claims that MP3 is technologically superior, I will stop.
The whole argument is pretty pointless based on the fact that the MP3 uses last-gen graphics and Halo 3 uses current gen.  If Halo 3's graphics are really last gen, why wouldn't they just not release the Xbox 360 and put it on the original Xbox?  They'd make more money, that way, what with not having to make a new system and avoid those Xbox defects its so famous for... >:(

Aw, who am I kidding, I can't stay mad at a face like that  :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:23:56 AM by Slayer »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:18 AM »
I don't understand why you're freaking out over this whole thing. All i'm doing is giving my opinion based on what i've played, and in my opinion Halo 3 has crap graphics for a next-gen game. That is all.

People are going to have different opinions on your favorite game. I'm sorry that you cannot handle that.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 08:35:21 AM »
I don't understand why you're freaking out over this whole thing. All i'm doing is giving my opinion based on what i've played, and in my opinion Halo 3 has crap graphics for a next-gen game.
No, you're opinion was that Metroid Prime 3  had "Better Graphics than Halo 3."
Also, this thread was never meant to be about Halo3 and Metroid Prime 3.  It was about a screenshot for a Ps3 game, ported from Xbox to a more powerful system, yet Capcom can't make it look better, for some reason.  Thank you for throwing the thread into a completely different point, and you can stop now.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
I stated my opinion on the graphics, that is all. You were the one that decided to post screenshots, and get into this whole big argument. Just stop already, you are way in over your head.

They're games, Try not to take them so seriously. It's going to be ok. I promise.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:58:01 AM by Rugal »

Offline Zer0Tact

• Rags to bitches
  • Personal Text
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
This isn't even an argument as it's already a fact that Halo 3 > Metroid Prime 3, graphically anyway. If you think otherwise maybe you've been playing Wii too long or something. Xbox360 has better tech therefore it can produce games that are graphically superior. Being one of the most anticipated games of the year I'm sure they'd spare no expense to at least make a game with graphics better than a Wii game. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:37:41 AM by Zero Tact »
stupid ass u can't hack or nuthin i got norton.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 11:57:32 AM »
Just because the XB360 has the ability for superior graphics doesn't mean each game will utilize them to their max. I have to agree with Rugal; Metroid Prime 3 does have slightly better graphics than Halo 3. But I'm not a graphics whore; just because one game looks slightly better never means it's the superior game.

And the Lost Planet game looks like ass.

Edit: LoL at lock mongering.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:01:34 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »
Can someone please lock this topic.  After having it completely turned irrelevant by Rugal bringing Halo 3 into the picture, I believe there is no possibility of this having any relevance to my intended topic.  Rugal simply wants me to continue arguing with him over his posts, since I can see his reply.  However, I simply decided not to read it, as it probably contains more irrelevant and unsupportable information.
All in all, just lock this thread already.

Tags: