Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Adventure ReBirth story  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
I was just lookin up some info and ran across something on wikipedia, which mind you isn't the best source for stuff,  but it states that Adventure ReBirth takes place in 1591 the same year that Belmont's Revenge takes place and bumps BR back to 1606. Now from my understand it was established in the most recent time line that Adventure took place in 1576 with Belmonts Revenge taking place 15 year afterward in 1591. Is this a mistake by someone who got on wiki? Or does it actually state in ReBirth that it takes place in 1591? If so was it another tid bit with in the time line that got retconned by IGA? Since I haven't played ReBirth I dont know if it states it or not but seems to me if was something retconned IGA has really thrown a wrench into the time line.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
I think somebody just subtracted 100 years from the date of the original Castlevania game.  A more proper thing to do would be to add 100 years to the date for Dracula's Curse, since the in-game text says it has been 100 years since Dracula's demise.  I don't see anything on the Konami web pages (Japanese or English) that actually date this game, nor any in-game text.  Konami's timeline on the internet still says 1576 for Adventure and 1591 for Belmont's Revenge.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »
I think somebody just subtracted 100 years from the date of the original Castlevania game.  A more proper thing to do would be to add 100 years to the date for Dracula's Curse, since the in-game text says it has been 100 years since Dracula's demise.  I don't see anything on the Konami web pages (Japanese or English) that actually date this game, nor any in-game text.  Konami's timeline on the internet still says 1576 for Adventure and 1591 for Belmont's Revenge.

Thats what i kinda figured but wanted to double check with someone who actually knew.

Thank you Reinhart it is much appreciated.

Tags:

anything